Gp2x Or Xgp ?

well we dont know that for sure. how many people are going to make commercial games for an already failed system like the XGP?

wheras theres already loads of commercial games being made for the 2X.

Is XGP even out yet?

If it isn't, well, best wait if you really want one. Being an early adopter of a handheld that hasn't proved it's success is pretty risky. I'll refrain from using the dreaded "G" word.

Is XGP even out yet?

If it isn't, well, best wait if you really want one. Being an early adopter of a handheld that hasn't proved it's success is pretty risky. I'll refrain from using the dreaded "G" word.

So it was with GP32 and GP2x.

The problems with XGP are: which, when and what kind of software support it will really get?
Gamepark is planning to have 3 different technically models simultaneously and how they are going to get support for them is beyond my comprehension...

The GP2x is a safe bet in that sense there aren't many unknows. And it IS now where XGP might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about it like this, xgp is like psp with much much less commercial game support. And like the psp, the screen is wide so not really suited for emulation. And most ppl already prefer the gp2x over psp, and it seems like psp is better than xgp so...

As for xgp mini... who knows. Its "cute." Its more of a mini gp32 from what I hear but i dont know. Lets see if it comes out, if people make some nice programs for it, etc, etc.

Think about it like this, xgp is like psp with much much less commercial game support. And like the psp, the screen is wide so not really suited for emulation. And most ppl already prefer the gp2x over psp, and it seems like psp is better than xgp so...

As for xgp mini... who knows. Its "cute." Its more of a mini gp32 from what I hear but i dont know. Lets see if it comes out, if people make some nice programs for it, etc, etc.

Most people here do. ;)

Anyway, if you want commercial games, you should probably buy the PSP or DS or wait and see. If you want homebrews and emulation, go GP2x.

I would say that most people who are familiar with both systems still prefer that gp2x over the psp.

It's just that... well, not that many people know about the gp2x, relatively :)

*sigh* It's too bad all my friends must be such huge Nintendo fanboys. I've only gotten one of them to even consider the possibility of owning a GP2X.

Now the few friends I have that have used a PSP agree that the GP2X (with DaveC cap) is much more comfortable to use, although they have not commented on the games or the screen.

*sigh* It's too bad all my friends must be such huge Nintendo fanboys. I've only gotten one of them to even consider the possibility of owning a GP2X.

Now the few friends I have that have used a PSP agree that the GP2X (with DaveC cap) is much more comfortable to use, although they have not commented on the games or the screen.

It's the opposite for me. All the PSP users around me are obsessed with them and have the arrogant and conceited attitude that NOTHING could be better than their precious PSP.

Whereas the Nintendo fanboys go "alright! the original mario handheld! sweet!"

if you want to play commercial games and homebrew, go with a PSP... If you want to play purely Homebrew and Emus, go with a GP2x.

Anyone remember Gameparks Commercial support for the GP32??? They managed to release about 8 Crap games and 2 good games :p...

if you want to play commercial games and homebrew, go with a PSP... If you want to play purely Homebrew and Emus, go with a GP2x.

Anyone remember Gameparks Commercial support for the GP32??? They managed to release about 8 Crap games and 2 good games :p...

That was Gamepark, the people who are releasing the XGP. Now you know what THEIR commercial support will be like. ;P The commercial games announced for the GP2X are already better than any that the GP32 had.

but who wants to pay £20+ on a ps1/ps2 watered-down game
the commercial games aret pick and play, like gta:lc takes you 5 minutes to get to the save point and ur limited to when you can save the game
device hook is way too much effort, gp2x > all
sony will pwn all homebrew sooner or later, i hope they do

Back