Gp2x Mk2 + Adata 2gb Sd Card

akashi

Still Fresh
Hi, I received my brand new GP2x MK2 last Thursday :)

I have 2 Adata 2GB 150x SD Cards. I was trying DrMD, playing Streets of Rage. I turned the GP2x's power off while I was still playing the game. I took the SD card out and tried to copy some files to it, but Windows did not recognise the card, I also tried the card by inserting it into my Palm Tungsten T3. The Palm device found the SD card, but failed to format it.

I have not tried to put the card back into the GP2x or tried the other card just in case something worse happens :(

Anyone else have a similar thing happen to their card? Did turning the power off on the GP2x cause this?

I was using the GP2x on DC power at 4.5v with the TIP set to "-", the GP2x would not power on if it was set at 3v

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi, ive had a similar problem, couldnt read the card in the builtin slot in my laptop, nor through my pda or in my digital camera. I bought a small usb card reader which read it straight away, formatted it and works a treat in my 2x now :)

BTW that was an Adata 2gb card

Hi, I received my brand new GP2x MK2 last Thursday :)

I have 2 Adata 2GB 150x SD Cards. I was trying DrMD, playing Streets of Rage. I turned the GP2x's power off while I was still playing the game. I took the SD card out and tried to copy some files to it, but Windows did not recognise the card, I also tried the card by inserting it into my Palm Tungsten T3. The Palm device found the SD card, but failed to format it.

I have not tried to put the card back into the GP2x or tried the other card just in case something worse happens :(

Anyone else have a similar thing happen to their card? Did turning the power off on the GP2x cause this?

I was using the GP2x on DC power at 4.5v with the TIP set to "-", the GP2x would not power on if it was set at 3v

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.

First, use a regulated power supply, rated at 1Amp or more (1000mAh +), if you did not buy the official one and didn't pay more than ~$40 you have the wrong one. To save trouble get the official one, it is cheaper anyway.

2nd, it is absolutely possible that the card was upset by the voltage, or a spike caused when you shut it off.

To recover the SD card you may need to use Windows Hardware Management (in the Control Panel under Administrative Tools) to check on the partition, if the Partition data is a little wacked then you might need a low-level partition tool, try using a live Linux Distro, if you can log on as superuser and try PART it worked for me.

Next, if it is truly out of commission, RMA the card if you can, don't tell them your device broke it, tell them it won't work in your device, it is technically true and will hopefully get you a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both for your reply. I should of checked the partition with Windows. It's too late now, I already sent it back to the online store I purchased it from.

Waiting for a replacement now :)

Back