Cant Write To Sector.. (sd-card)

Onyx

Still Fresh
I have a new 2GB sd-card but can only fill half of it, after 1 gb i get a "cant write to sector-error popup". Xp recognize it as a 2GB card and sees that its 1GB left so why doesnt it work? Tried to format and fill the card again but same thing happens after 1gb.. any ideas?

EDIT: some more info.. im not using a card reader, the card is a Transcend 2GB 150x, FAT32.

Shikaku posted on Jul 15 2006 at 07:54 PM said:

Yeah i will later, problem is im going to vacation for 3 weeks tomorrow and will not have access to a computer. Would be nice to have the card filled.. Most people seem to have a problem with windows not recognizing the right size for the card, but xp does recognize the right size. Is there a setting maybe or something you can change in the GPX2?

Also i have tried "SDFixCapcity.exe" from Transcend.. but it can't find the card, but xp can.. very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Onyx posted on Jul 15 2006 at 12:07 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Jul 15 2006 at 07:54 PM said:

Yeah i will later, problem is im going to vacation for 3 weeks tomorrow and will not have access to a computer. Would be nice to have the card filled.. Most people seem to have a problem with windows not recognizing the right size for the card, but xp does recognize the right size. Is there a setting maybe or something you can change in the GPX2?

Also i have tried "SDFixCapcity.exe" from Transcend.. but it can't find the card, but xp can.. very strange.
hey dude I believe if you have it formatted to 2gig you can use samba to write the files to the whole size of the gp2x. go to the wiki http://wiki.gp2x.org/ (it seems to be down at the moment) and look up tcp/ip and it should walk you through setting up samba. Then once its networked you should be able to get to it by typing the name of the gp2x in run \\ip address.

that should work until you get a card reader, but get a card reader its faster, and you look cooler :p

if the wiki is down for you just go to settings and turn on extensions(i think) and then go further down the menu turn on samaba and tcp/ip usb(I think is what its called) and then plug it into the computer via usb and then it should work if not theres a inf file for the driver you can find it on the forum if the wiki is down. Then you just type in the \\10.1.0.1 if thats the ip of the gp2x. oh and you have to configure the ip on the computer in network settings give it something like 10.1.0.2 if you give the gp2x 10.1.0.1 my directions suck. but maybe you can figure it out with them.

I had the same problem yesterday. After i formatted the SD card (Transcend 2 GB - 80x) a second time it worked like it should untill now. The first time i did a quick format, and the second time i did a whole format that usualy takes some time. I guess i should have formatted it this way the first time, so i didn't get any problems.

Next week i am going to buy a card reader/writer though.

Marco1983 posted on Jul 16 2006 at 11:40 AM said:
The first time i did a quick format, and the second time i did a whole format that usualy takes some time.

With my 2GB card in my GP2X connected to the PC with USB, I did a whole format. After it said "format complete", the card had only 50% free space.

John

Back