Yahoo Meme

Jourdy288

This is from here: http://searchengineland.com/yahoo-meme-english-version-coming-soon-25013
Yahoo appears to be readying an English-language version of its Yahoo Meme microblogging platform. When visiting meme.yahoo.com from my U.S. location, I’m redirected to an English-language version of the service. There are two versions of this home page: one specifically mentions that the service is coming soon, and both include an email form that appears to allow you to request an invite...A Portuguese version of Yahoo Meme was launched earlier this year, and Yahoo followed that up with a Spanish version last month (see Yahoo’s Social Plan: Twitter, Twitter, & More Twitter?). The bottom of the English-language home page has a drop-down menu to switch to either of those versions. The service is described as being similar to Twitter with its short posts, the ability to repost messages from other users, and the ability to share photos and video.

Yahoo has been very quiet overall about Meme and what it has in store for the service. We have an email in to Yahoo asking for more details. We’ll update this post if and when we learn more.

Postscript: Yahoo shared this statement with us about Yahoo Meme: “Yahoo! is experimenting with an invitation-only communications tool in select languages and markets for people who want to quickly and easily share interesting content, including multi-media. Global product innovation is important to Yahoo! and we continuously test various products and services in many local markets to gain valuable feedback and insights from consumers. We will share additional details about this product if and when we launch it publicly.”

I'm trying it now, and it's not half bad! It's like a graphical version of Twitter, although I think they'll get in trouble for stealing something from /b/ :p
What do you guys think?

I already understand how long that word has been in use, but /b/ has made it sort of a trademark, seems Yahoo! wants to gain a younger following...
On the upside, I'm gaining followers already.

Back