Gp2x Controller

GA01

Website
Visit site
Hi

Could someone tell me how the controller on the GP2X (F200 and F100) compares with the GP32? I'm more interested in the F200 model as it has the touchscreen but I see the controller is alot different now (i.e looks like PSP). Interested in using for emulation.

:)

I never used the GP32 but I can tell you one major difference is that while the GP32 is a cross shaped, conventional, Dpad... the F200's is a four directional buttons dpad.

Quick transition from a button to another can be uncomfortable, and doing 360s is pretty nigh impossible.

Also, pressing too many buttons at once gives unexpected results.

Thanks for replying xcen :). The directional controller on the new F200 doesn't "look" as comfortable as the GP32's controller. Anyone one else care to comment on this controller (having used a GP32 previously).

:)

xcen said:
I never used the GP32 but I can tell you one major difference is that while the GP32 is a cross shaped, conventional, Dpad... the F200's is a four directional buttons dpad.

Quick transition from a button to another can be uncomfortable, and doing 360s is pretty nigh impossible.

Also, pressing too many buttons at once gives unexpected results.
GP32 did not have a Dpad. It was a 4-directional thumb stick with micro switches that clicked. Kind of like the Neo-Geo Pocket, but it felt quite a bit looser.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has only had a F200 for a few days.... I think the d-pad is excellent! It handles diagonals really well, ok, I guess if you are a beat'em'up addict, then I'll understand why some don't like the F200 d-pad. But, as an 8-bit retro gamer, I think the control system is close to perfect and highly responsive. Much better than I imagined it do be after reading about it on the forum.

For what it's worth, my mate had an f100 and the joystick really put me off buying one.

Back