Gp2x-dragon: A Dragon / Tandy Coco Emulator For Gp2x V1.0.1

zx-81 said:
I've commented out the tape code since it doesn't work on the PSP (it needs to link with a sound/audio lib that i haven't compiled). You may try to use the windows version, save a "state" and try to reload it in this emulator.
Aha, that'll do it. I'll give it a go!

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
I've commented out the tape code since it doesn't work on the PSP (it needs to link with a sound/audio lib that i haven't compiled). You may try to use the windows version, save a "state" and try to reload it in this emulator.
How do I get the disk images to load? I've kept all my games as cas images, but I found a few vdk files floating around so I thought I'd give them a go.

I can browse and load them to the emulator, but when I do DIR, I get a list of garbage. In days of old I only ever had a cassette drive, so I never needed to go beyond CLOADM / CLOAD, POKE and EXEC ;-)

By the way, I was wondering how the joystick input is handled - I used to have old Dragon joysticks with the potentiometers in them to give analog control for games like Defense - how will the joystick hold up with these games?

Cheers muchly for the porting - nice to see the old green screen again :)

xmart said:
How do I get the disk images to load? I've kept all my games as cas images, but I found a few vdk files floating around so I thought I'd give them a go.
Have a look to the readme file. I haven't tried many disk files, but the one i've tried worked fine. Using DIR command, and then LOAD"xxxx":EXEC

xmart said:
I can browse and load them to the emulator, but when I do DIR, I get a list of garbage. In days of old I only ever had a cassette drive, so I never needed to go beyond CLOADM / CLOAD, POKE and EXEC ;-)

By the way, I was wondering how the joystick input is handled - I used to have old Dragon joysticks with the potentiometers in them to give analog control for games like Defense - how will the joystick hold up with these games?
When you move the PSP joystick, internaly i emulate a kind of analog joystick (with value between -127 and 128 on x and y axis).

Back