Gp2x Downunder!!!!

gp2xshop

Still Fresh
Website
www.gp2x.net.au
I realise this is a bit of gratuitous self promotion but I'm excited to report that we received our first shipment of the GP2X Mk2 this Monday! :lol:

Our online store is open for business, so please come and visit!

www.gp2x.net.au

We are keen for any feedback about the site, we love and believe in the GP2X community and what it stands for.

Also we are trying to run with low overheads to keep the prices down, so we don't stock all the accessories at the moment, sorry.

The GP2X is selling for $249AUD, all our prices are for Australian customers only and we do not ship outside Australia, although we may ship to New Zealand if there is enough interest.

thanks for reading and hopefully visiting!

Welcome to the Revolution Australia!

DOUG

P.S.
Now that we finished building the store we can get back to working on our OpenBOR mod...

Good luck. If I hadn't already got mine I would have bought it from you. Maybe in future I might buy a TV-OUT cable.

Heh, yeah. where the f*#k were you a few weeks ago?! :p Ditto on the TV cable.

Where are you located in Oz, for shipping purposes?

Feeg posted on May 29 2006 at 09:11 AM said:
Heh, yeah. where the f*#k were you a few weeks ago?! :p Ditto on the TV cable.

Where are you located in Oz, for shipping purposes?

I would also probably get a tv-out cable. Good luck with your new business! Australia has a very strong gp2x presence (at least two homebrew games that I know of :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there you go, here I am today about to put my money down (was going to order from the UK), and now I see you guys.

Where are you based ? I'm in sydney.

Checked out your site - don't suppose you have any good deals on 2GB cards - 1GB isn't enough for me.

Excellent news! It's about time the GP2x community in Australia had some local representation - especially since I'm a) in Australia, and B) yet to buy a GP2x. :)

I was about to mention that your GP2x's are $20 more than those at Play-Asia, but I forgot about freight. Taking that into consideration, you come out approx $15 in front - plus the added (perceived) security of being local. So no problems there - a big tick. :D

I'm not particularly surprised, but a lil disappointed, that the AC adaptor you're selling still seems to have the European plug on it, thus requiring us to buy ourselve a convertor/adaptor thingy. I don't suppose you know any qualified electricians to knock together a version with an Aussie wall plug, hrmmm? That would be the only blemish on an otherwise welcome addition to the GP2x world.

I'm emailing the page with the GP2x bundle on it to The Keeper Of The Purse right now. :)

Excellent, I'll be pointing a few people to your shop :)

A few questions for you (thought it best to ask them here so everyone can see the answers):

1) Are you selling the new Mk2 versions with the non-interlaced screens, rotated joysticks, and firmware 2.0?

2) Do you provide 2 joystick caps like GP2x.co.uk, or just the GPH 'pointy' one?

3) Do your units come with screen protectors?

4) What kind of warranty do you offer, and how do you handle replacements?

btw Line'o'Sevens, you can usually pick up plug adapters for about $2.

If you start stocking things like break-out-boxes, TV-Out cables and power adapters I will definately get them from you. I already have my 2X, but now I can tell my interested friends where to get them. Good luck with the business. Hope to be a customer soon.

Line O posted on May 29 2006 at 02:04 AM said:
gaterooze posted on May 29 2006 at 11:09 AM said:
2 bucks?! 2 bucks?! Do you think I'm made of money?!! :p Okay, point taken. :D Where from?

I grabbed one from a computer fair, but any asian discount shop should have one. Also got a pack of 4 once on eBay for $6-8.

gaterooze posted on May 29 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
2 bucks?! 2 bucks?! Do you think I'm made of money?!! :p Okay, point taken. :D Where from?

I grabbed one from a computer fair, but any asian discount shop should have one. Also got a pack of 4 once on eBay for $6-8.

Cool. I'll check that out in readiness... B)

Line O posted on May 29 2006 at 07:01 AM said:

You don't need an adapter, it is just a standard figure 8 cable like the one that plugs into your VCR, CD/DVD-Player/X-Box.

martin_F posted on May 28 2006 at 11:37 PM said:
Checked out your site - don't suppose you have any good deals on 2GB cards - 1GB isn't enough for me.
Stocking SD cards is very risky for a small shop, because their prices are dropping faster than you can sell them, plus they can´t compete with the big stores pricewise since the big ones order ten thousands of ém and get them much faster that way.

Iorgy77 posted on May 29 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
Line O posted on May 29 2006 at 07:01 AM said:

You don't need an adapter, it is just a standard figure 8 cable like the one that plugs into your VCR, CD/DVD-Player/X-Box.

Um, yeah... and what about the other end? The one that plugs into the wall? :)

Nice, already have the GP2X and a power adapter but I am in the market for a TV out cable, I will wait until you get some replacement caps in though and save on postage.

Are you thinking of getting in any of the mods? break out boards, caps or even replacement d pad mods?

Good Luck

Wow!

It's awesome to see that the GP2X has followers in Aus, agreed we aren't the [ spam ], I think lik-sang(where I bought my first one from) and play-asia are doing it cheaper but I did end up paying about 35$AUD for shipping, and I got no idea about returns.

However if you purchase with us at gp2x.net.au you can return doa units and we will send you a repalcement unit straight away as long as we have stock.

A few questions answered:

AC Adaptor - comes with the Australian plug I just haven't had a chance to take a new photo our shipment arrived on Monday(29-may) and ther are a standard figure 8 cable(like xbox)

SD cards - at the moment we only have 1gb cards because we can source them at a good price, we can get 2gb cards but they could be quite expensive but I will look into it again.

Breakout box - We can stock them as a special order please if you want more info about it email me sales@gp2x.net.au and put "breakout box" in the subject and we'll send you some info.

Our philosophy:
We believe in the GP2X and what it stands for, the power should be in the peoples hands and corporations that try to corner the market. Don't get me wrong the PSP and NintendoDS are great units but the way thier companies treat their customers I think is insulting, all they see is a cash cow. The GP2X is a tool for life and Gamepark are doing the right thing by opening it up for the customer...

I could go on forever, and thats the reason [I'm stupid spammer] them and we try to keep the prices down. The GP2X belonge to everyone.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Got any more questions I'll endevour to answer them also if you know any Aussie developers I'd like to showcase them at he shop, also talk with them about some ideas for GP2X apps.

cheers lads!!

GP2XShop-AUS posted on May 30 2006 at 09:44 AM said:
AC Adaptor - comes with the Australian plug I just haven't had a chance to take a new photo our shipment arrived on Monday(29-may) and ther are a standard figure 8 cable(like xbox)
w00t!

One other question someone asked that I didn't see an answer for: Where are you, geographically? Doesn't make a real difference in this age of the global village, but it's good to know.

And don't worry about not being the cheapest on the hardware: the difference in shipping costs, and the peace of mind of dealing with a local distributor keep you ahead anyway.

Back