Gp2x Dishonest Retailer

Despite what I'm reading here, I should have ordered from Craig, since I've been reading his feedback, and it's for the most part outstanding.

GP2XStore.com, has not even looked at my two questions about this, one sent a few days ago, and one sent today. Even if delayed, I have no doubt gp2x.co.uk would have at LEAST contacted me on it.

If I get any more annoyed at lack of communication from this place, I'm going to be ordering from you Craig. I'd rather do business with someone who responds, rather then what I can only call an answering machine service.

Worth noting- I've been told by USPS update, that if 5 days pass and I do not come in to pick this package up, after one more attempt to deliver it to my home(which is NOT where they have been going), then it will be sent back once and for all.

P-J said:
bacteria said:
Agreed on both counts, however, it is never wise to "bite the hand that feeds you" as the saying goes.
While I got an excellent service, I have to say that's an absolutely disgraceful remark. GP2X only exists because of customers, if you don't treat them well, you will not get any business. The consumers hand does the feeding, don't ever forget that.

If the only person to sell GP2Xs in the UK WAS a dishonest retailer, they would lose my business and anyone I came into contact with. So both gp2x.co.uk AND GPH would lose out.

Exactly. After deciding that gp2x.co.uk can't even be bothered to give an honest stock indication on their website, two of my friends decided to give the GP2X a miss and got PSPs instead.

I think I may cancel my order and do the same. At least I can walk into a store and get one or order online from places that give an accurate stock indication.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine from play-asia. Everything was shipped nicely and they had all the accessories I needed.

It's funny how demanding people are these days. Running and import/export business is not that easy, you know? Maybe you should be a little less confident about being a terrible victim of fraudulent and evil console retailers and have a look at who is actually running these shops. Well, I am sure that I will be flamed now as I am obviously being a fanboi bla bla bla. I can see humanity going down the drain... in a few years people will want some public service to wipe their pathetic ass and then they will complain if it isn't clean enough. Gosh... get a piece of mind or order a psp as your friends did.

tridion said:
Some of you missed the point. The problem is they know they have no stock in but just leave their website as showing 24 hour delivery. I have spoken to them and pointed it out. They just apologise and then do nothing about it and have failed to update the site for 3 weeks. That is just no way to run a business.
exactely where on the site does it say they will deliver in 24hours ?
afaik there is no indication of stock on gp2x.co.uk and the 24special delivery option at the checkout is from when the item is dispatched, the time in between you paying and waiting for the seller to dispatch is going to be dependent on stock

You can claim it's just bitching because someone wants their toy NOW and is and is being impatient , but really, it's pretty fair to be annoyed, because I'd like to see one person pay even 200 dollars and not get a bit annoyed in a similar situation as mine, or any of the ones I've seen on this site, and all over the place.

More so, if someone claims to have something, they should actually have it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if you sell anything, especially if it's online, you should be updating your website...which is basically the store in an online format.

You don't go into a grocery store and buy stuff, and then leave the store without your goods in hand, nor should you get a flyer with items the store doesn't have, that it claims to have. It's not exactly the same, but close enough to compare in a sense.

I have to wait, so be it, but the truth is, something should be done after the problem occurs, to insure your customer that they aren't stuck or out of luck for no reason other then lack of communication or updating. There should also be a point where the person running the store, admits they screwed up, or something went wrong. Telling the customer he should be patient and not rush things, or that they are being hostile over nothing, or flat out blame them, and threaten to cancel the shipment if they don't stop nagging...is ridiculous behavior...and believe it or not, I've been told these things, on orders I placed, that supposedly shipped out, 5-8 weeks prior. It didn't fall into a black hole, and it sure as hell didn't just vanish. Something went wrong...so fess up to it.

So while no, it's not fraudulent, it is a problem, and one I'm sure Craig will fix as soon as he can. Fraudulent would be buying something, and paying full, and then never getting it, and being told anything at all. Neither of us are in that boat, so no, it ain't that serious, but you can't just write it off as not being a problem, because even if it's small, a problem is a problem, no matter how you slice it.

The key is to fix the problems, so they never happen again. I used to run a shop on Ebay from my house, so I know all about disgruntled online consumers, and how they can't even wait a day without barking about the shipping costs or quality insurance, or why they hadn't gotten their shipment on ground service, hours after they ordered it. You can't avoid some things, or some people and how they will react to waiting or delays. What you can do however, is make sure it doesn't happen again, by fixing a problem before it gets so out of control, your business is ruined.

Word spreads like wildfire on the web, and when it comes to online merchants, and it is that word that will ultimately make or break your business in the long run.

The service has never been that great at gp2x.co.uk or gbax as it was known in the past. They take forever to answer emails in some cases if they answer at all, yet others have had different experiences. And their international packaging in my opinion is shoddy compared to other retailers. I have ordered from all the main gp32/gp2x retailers besides the German distributor and gp2x.co.uk's service is easily the worst. I am not going to call them when something is a miss, its an online business and I am on the other side of the world so they should sort out their email situation or update their website when needed.

Having said all that I will only deal with them when it comes to gp2x or the successor in the future because they help the scene by running compos or giving units to devs and other stuff. They have done this sort of thing over the last 4 years and it really makes up for their poor service. End of the day they are a small business and I am sure they are not delibrately trying to screw anyone over.

xnopasaranx said:
It's funny how demanding people are these days. Running and import/export business is not that easy, you know? [...] I can see humanity going down the drain... in a few years people will want some public service to wipe their pathetic ass and then they will complain if it isn't clean enough. Gosh... get a piece of mind or order a psp as your friends did.
Indeed.

It would be a lot easier for everyone involved (all of the time, not just about this) if people spent less time assuming stuff and then getting in a huff about someone else not living up to their assumptions, and more time, like, communicating.

Well about craigix, it depends, sometimes the support is great, sometime it is not...
I sent him past weeks an email and a PM to know if he got some joycap in stock and I never get an answer...
So if you can answer in this post craigix about my request :) If you don't have any that's not a problem, but not having a feedback about my request is :(
And for your information, another very good EU reseller sent me 2 joycaps for free...
Hope you'll read this message.

I ordered mine at the start of last week and selected the 24hr delivery option, I didnt get it the next day but I did get an email every day until I got it apologising for the delay due to stock not coming from the suppliers. When it did turn up I had a free screen protector, I would say that is great service, one which you would not likely get if you ordered from Play/Amazon etc (if they sold GP2X). So thats a thumbs up from me for gp2x.co.uk

beefcurtains! said:
one which you would not likely get if you ordered from Play/Amazon etc
Apples and oranges. Those two players wouldn't try to sell you something that was out of stock. GP2X.co.uk has about 3 unique items and even then they are happy to sell things to people based on out of stock items.

Samba Pa Ti said:
exactely where on the site does it say they will deliver in 24hours ?
Go to GP2X.co.uk and then click "Buy the GP2X". On that page it clearly states, and I quote, "The MK2 GP2X is currently on 24 hour delivery". That gives the clear indication that it is in stock. They still have not changed it even though the know they are not getting any until the middle of next week at the earliest.

Very dishonest. I am buying a GP2X but have decided to cancel my order and buy from divineo.co.uk instead. A more honest retailer.

tridion said:
Exactly. After deciding that gp2x.co.uk can't even be bothered to give an honest stock indication on their website, two of my friends decided to give the GP2X a miss and got PSPs instead.
They really choose another handheld just because one seller isn't giving them enough feedback?
Don't take any offence but it sound so strange to me...
Choosing another reseller is a thing but changing of handheld is another...

I bought mine @ playasia by the way :)
Customs ruined my plan to have it really cheap ;)

virusx said:
I bought mine @ playasia by the way :)
Customs ruined my plan to have it really cheap ;)

How much did customs charge you? What did it cost in total?

I'm french so I paid the french VAT and custom wich was approx. 20% of the price.
But sometimes customs let some orders comes without extra (ie vinyl records)
I bought one for a friend of mine and the custom didn't charge it.
If you can ask them to send it to you marked as a "Gift" or "Winning price" you shouldn't be charged.

P-J said:
beefcurtains! said:
one which you would not likely get if you ordered from Play/Amazon etc
Apples and oranges. Those two players wouldn't try to sell you something that was out of stock. GP2X.co.uk has about 3 unique items and even then they are happy to sell things to people based on out of stock items.

I have had that plenty of times from both, so thats not true.

Plus it does sound like gp2x.co.uk is just one guy, I am quite happy with what he has managed for me, just adding some perspective to the gp2x.co.uk are "dishonest" discussion!!!

virusx said:
I'm french so I paid the french VAT and custom wich was approx. 20% of the price.
But sometimes customs let some orders comes without extra (ie vinyl records)
I bought one for a friend of mine and the custom didn't charge it.
If you can ask them to send it to you marked as a "Gift" or "Winning price" you shouldn't be charged.
Isn't that like, tax fraud? :)

I'm mostly into that kind of stuff :)
Seriously... Read that I PAID my custom taxes (even if I would prefer having a "gift")
It's like a gift that you pay a little money for :unsure:

virusx said:
I'm mostly into that kind of stuff :)
Seriously... Read that I PAID my custom taxes (even if I would prefer having a "gift")
It's like a gift that you pay a little money for :unsure:

Well okay, once I did something a bit similar myself. I asked a friend of mine in USA to buy and send something to me marked as a gift... But I still had to pay her back for the re-shipping fees, so it only works out slightly cheaper overall, but having to pay money to a delivery man on the doorstep is a real inconvenience.

UMXPRime:
Strange, I ordered from Cragix and got 2 free joy-caps. If you can't resolve things with him I could send you one of mine for free... Only if you're in the UK or Europe though!

Well, I finally got a response...well two of them, since I had sent two e-mails the same day by mistake.

Long story short, the person in charge aplogized, my order went into light speed shipping mode, and it arrived at my house today, and was signed for by my brother since I'm at work. So I got my response, and was happy enough to know it was being taken care of, but for the troubles, half the shipping price was taken off, to further expand the apolgy.

So while originally in the dark, I did in fact get in contact, the order was delivered, and the store made up for the lost time, which they really didn't have to. However, due to the length of the messages sent combined with the apolgetic nature of things, I would have to actually say this store is worth using.

They may take a while to contact you, but the shipping when it goes to the right place, is insanely fast, and they have everything in stock(all GP2X accessories are available except for one of the longer TV out cables.)

Making good on my own end, I sent a thank you e-mail, and aplogized on my own end, because in some sense, I was more annoyed then I should have been. I have the right to complain or be annoyed, but in that same sense, after my last message, I put myself back into the shoes of someone who sells something online, and realized I had done this very same thing, and wished it hadn't been such an issue.

I remember spending three days trying to track down, and then re-route a package that was going to the wrong address. Ironic how the past comes back to revisit or haunt you in another form no?

Back