Gp2x Discussion On Bbc Radio 6 Music

critical

Certified Guru
Website
www.handheldhacker.com
This morning's BBC 6 Music Radio show had a discussion on the GP2X. You
can listen to it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/6music_aod....ic/6m_break_tue

The feature's at about 01:39:40 onwards.

They take the p!ss out of the gizmondo, which is entertaining, and they're quite positive about the gp2x, especially its open-to-homebrew philosophy, although it's not a serious technical review.

I think my favourite part is Phill (jokingly) calling craigix "a sinister man in the background moving things around for the [...] Koreans".

just listened to it, great to hear its getting out in the public domain. All positive too, and by the sounds of it Craig could get a job for the BBC if they ever need anyone to talk to Koreans

Blatant adverts on the BBC amuse me. I'm sure they're not meant to be allowed to do that!

Well i guess they showcased it as all their own opinions. Plus it's quite a regular feature on the show.

But I want to know more about what he said about the Official release, as i've heard there's not one?

SINISTER CRAIG!?!!

:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blatant adverts on the BBC amuse me. I'm sure they're not meant to be allowed to do that!

Well i guess they showcased it as all their own opinions. Plus it's quite a regular feature on the show.

But I want to know more about what he said about the Official release, as i've heard there's not one?

SINISTER CRAIG!?!!

:ph34r:

I'm more wondering if Dave Green (the IT journalist speaking) has an account on here...

well he must have been following a forum or spoken to craig to know all the back story

well he must have been following a forum or spoken to craig to know all the back story

One assumes that craigix sent him a review unit or something, along with a press release. I'm wondering whether he's passively viewing the forums or taking part. Anyway, at least he did the community a good turn by not slagging the faults off before the main launch.

There'd probably be a good place for the GP2X among the BBC news staff if any of them ever left their desks. They could play the GP2X while travelling between the world's trouble hot-spots or while on the road tracking down corporate crime kingpins, but sadly what they call journalism generally involves cutting and pasting government propaganda and corporate press releases into MS Word, leaving them free to spend the rest of the day playing desk based consoles or snorting cocaine bought with kickbacks from their finance industry friends.

There'd probably be a good place for the GP2X among the BBC news staff if any of them ever left their desks. They could play the GP2X while travelling between the world's trouble hot-spots or while on the road tracking down corporate crime kingpins, but sadly what they call journalism generally involves cutting and pasting government propaganda and corporate press releases into MS Word, leaving them free to spend the rest of the day playing desk based consoles or snorting cocaine bought with kickbacks from their finance industry friends.

Hello Mr Jaded, :rolleyes:

I thinks its a good thing BBC discuss GP2x to promote homebrew - just like the home computer scene from 70's 80's - thats how technologies grow - oh yeah just like the BBC promoted BBC micro

the BBC may have a lot of faults but a lot of good comes from them :D

It's pretty good, but still theft.

Not in any commonly-accepted definition of the word 'theft'. If by that you mean that you'd rather not pay for it, then go and vote for a party that'll support your wishes - I'm sure the majority of people in this country don't want the BBC to be privately-funded.

Anyway, we digress.

If somebody in the street gave me a brick and forced me to give him £100 whether I wanted it or not, that would be theft. If somebody gave me a photo of a brick, and forced me to give him £100 whether I wanted it or not, that would be theft. If somebody gave me a video of a brick and forced me to pay £100 for it whether I wanted it or not, that would be theft. If somebody broadcasted a video of theft to the entire nation, forcing me and everybody else to pay for it whether we like it or not, with government authority to fine up to X Thousand pounds if we don't pay and also broadcast around the world for free, that would be theft.

Back