Gp2x Developer Releases

The only thing affecting your first day of the week is what calendar you buy. In America, for some reason, they only sell calendars starting with Sunday, even though it makes more sense to have Sunday at the end of the week, so our weeks start with Sunday (except at my work, the schedule there always starts on Monday, which makes sense).

I've looked this up in the Encyclopedia as I didn't realise some countries considered the week to start on monday, apparently its common in mainland europe, but most English speaking countries (and south america) consider Sunday to be the first day. Weird.

To me starting on sunday and ending on saturday always seemed nice and neat. I wonder if the government in the UK has an official line on it. Often when we are having a 'something' awareness week, they say it starts 'this sunday' on the TV and radio.

Basically, it all harks back to some arguments over the Bible - some interprit it as saying Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the start of the week. This Christian countries (and Jewish, and as an aside I'd guess Islam too, as they've all got similar roots) start their weeks on one of those days.

For some reason, Monday is traditionally the first day of the working week in UK, thus is thought by most to be the first day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of the UK considering monday to be the first day of the week. UK calendars start with Sunday as the first day. (at least all mine do and always have).

I start on a monday, in my head. Working monday to friday, the weekend, 7th day, day of rest and all that.
With College and School, You start the week in School on a monday.

If your Jewish then Saturday is the 7th (sabbath) day, the day of rest and welcoming the new week.

It just depends on the person and thier views...I should start on a sunday cause my work rotar does

Sunday for the win. \m/
I always thought of the "weekend" as... err... the week ends, as in, one day at the very beginning and one at the very end. The two ends... etc. :unsure:

You'd have to be an idiot to take the starting day as anything other than a Monday.

Yeah, fuck those Jews are retards! Saturday is the 7th day of the week? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Just in case this offended any Jewish forum members, I was kidding.

Also, what does any of this have to do with expected GP2X software releases?

Last edited by a moderator:
mebe it comes out the first day of the week but GPH cant decide when that is? lol

Back