GP2X Gp2x Dev Setup Problem

rima

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm trying to get my computer setup for development with the GP2X but I have hit a road block. Im using Visual Studio 2005 SP1. When I try build the GP2X part of my project I get the following error:

CODE
Error result 255 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.

I know for a fact that this project is capable of being built and run as it works fine in my university's labs but not here at home.

This is what the build log shows if its any help:

CODE
@echo off

arm-linux-gcc.exe -c -I"C:\devkitpro\devkitGP2X\include\SDL" -o Debug\main.o "..\Source\main.cpp" 2>&1 | sed -e s/(.[a-zA-Z]\+):([0-9]\+):/\1(\2):/

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "main.cpp"

exit 1

:VCEnd

I have set a PATH: C:\devkitpro\devkitGP2X\bin

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just don't know what to do about this problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditch visual studio and use yaustar's code::blocks setup. You will be up and running in minutes.

I think all the information you need is in this post.

I would prefer to stick to Visual Studio as its what I'm familiar with. I know that it must be related to the development environment I have setup on my PC (as the project builds fine on campus), but the error given when trying to compile from home doesn't help me out much...

Does anyone know what I might have missed/be missing to cause an error such as above ? (This only occurs when I'm trying to compile the GP2X part of my project, not the windows part, hence I can create my exe's but not my gpe's)

You could try to put the build log stuff in a batch file and then try running it from the command prompt to see what is going on. Remember that the command as creates needs the arm-linux-gcc and sed.exe files in the path.

rima said:
I have set a PATH: C:\devkitpro\devkitGP2X\bin

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just don't know what to do about this problem...
Also try moving devkitGP2X\ to the root of C:\ so it is C:\devkitGP2X

My pre-compiled windows environment is very very picky about where it is installed (On C:, in the root), as some of its paths are set in stone at compilation, apparently.

Back