Gp2x Demo Wins Assembly06 Mobile Demo Compo

Parkydr posted on Aug 8 2006 at 01:14 PM said:
Excellent demo, hate to say it but better than Creep Tea in my opinion.

Must agree there, I thought it was better too. I thought the first two should have been swapped around, but the judges have spoken and there word is final :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:21 AM said:

Must agree there, I thought it was better too. I thought the first two should have been swapped around, but the judges have spoken and there word is final :(
Yeah, having judges means that the results will be based on the opinions of those judges -- and nobody agrees about anything!

If I do the contest next year I will increase the number of judges to help smooth out the "taste" factor, and may remove myself as a judge so I can enter the contest (if you want my money, beat me!)

This new demo from Assembly by Hedelmae is very nice! I hope that demo coders keep producing stuff for the gp2x. I'm starting to work on one myself with music from forum member theeAdversary.

kevcal posted on Aug 8 2006 at 03:58 AM said:
Wow!
Just watched the win32 version at work - very impressive!

Kev
That is how I had to watch it.

Squidge posted on Aug 8 2006 at 07:21 AM said:

I wish I had the choice, somebody needs to be putting these on YouTube (preferably using the TV-Out and saving in the proper resolution (320x240, or similar).

That said (and no disrespect to Debris, which I can't try), this is the single most awesome thing I have seen yet from this scene, I wish we could get some actual games using this stuff.

Dzz posted on Aug 8 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
Squidge posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:21 AM said:

Yeah, having judges means that the results will be based on the opinions of those judges -- and nobody agrees about anything!

If I do the contest next year I will increase the number of judges to help smooth out the "taste" factor, and may remove myself as a judge so I can enter the contest (if you want my money, beat me!)

This new demo from Assembly by Hedelmae is very nice! I hope that demo coders keep producing stuff for the gp2x. I'm starting to work on one myself with music from forum member theeAdversary.
You really are great. You do so much for the community, putting in so much effort and money!

Back