Gp2x, Bob And Game Pad Help Needed For A Noob

stevegb13

Still Fresh
Hi all,
I have been using the BoB with my Logitech game pad. When I plug it in I get the little green light above the pad and I can toggle the mode light on the pad..... however the pad does not respond at all.

Just by accident I found this:

When I open picodrive the game pad is listed under the configure controls option and from that point onwards it seems to work fine and I can control my menu and use it when playing my beloved speccy games. Basically I want to have a speccy attached to my tv and sit there and use my game pad.

Is there anyway I can do a USB refresh or load drivers in or something without having to open pico drive first?

I have autorun on and all the usb options. It has firmware 3.0.0 Value Pack

Any help to solve this would be grateful

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried to use your USB pad in MAME or say ... Alex Kidd2X ? These emus also have USB gamepad support ... also CPS2 and GneoGeo ..

It may just be the speccy emu that's tempermental with your particular controller .. I know that, for me, CPS2 emu take a few tries of refreshing the USB Device to get it to recognize my Logitech gamepad.

TelcoLou said:
Have you tried to use your USB pad in MAME or say ... Alex Kidd2X ? These emus also have USB gamepad support ... also CPS2 and GneoGeo ..

It may just be the speccy emu that's tempermental with your particular controller .. I know that, for me, CPS2 emu take a few tries of refreshing the USB Device to get it to recognize my Logitech gamepad.
Thanks for responding but here is my issue: the USB Gamepad seems to be recognised by the hub on insertion via the little green light but has no effect on the system until it is initiated/loaded by an emulator that supports USB. After that the system accepts the gamepad in addition to the controls on the GP2X. Effectively, you can the digital 8 way in place of the 8 way on the GP2X. Therefore, it allows it to operate on the spectrum emu etc.

What I'd like to know is there some way that what ever driver or process is used to switch on the gamepad in the emu can be extracted and run without having to fire up the emu?

Regards

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the bump. It has been a while and I am still unable to use the Game Pad in the menu without first running pico drive.

Anyone have any ideas how to initialise the USB device?

Regards

SteveGB

Back