Gp2x And Saving

Sangwa

Still Fresh
I have attempted to search for a similar issues amongst the other threads in this forums, but couldn't find none. Sorry if this has been posted before.

My GP2X has a 2GB SD card on it. I've got SquidgeSNES and DrMDx on it and they both work fine.

However there is a very annoying problem. Both those emulators have problems as far as saving is concerned. DrMDx doesn't save ingame at all. And SquidgeSNES saves randomly, so I have to save 10 times before I exit the program.

I'm not sure if this is normal, since I didn't see it anywhere else, so I'd like to inquire you about it.

I use pico drive for mega drive games and that saves no problem. In fact it's default setting is L button saves, R button loads. It's quick too so you can use it whilst playing with hardly any loss of speed.

for SSNES just make sure you shut the emulator down completely before switching off. If SRM saves aren't working for whatever reason you can use saves states.

SRM saves on DrMDx... I've never had any luck with...
PicoDrive is generally a better emulator now since it supports SRM saves states, and you can turn on the option to put the sound processing on the 2nd CPU.

That's what I usually do, shutting the emulator completly before turning off. I was talking about SRM saves. On RPGs saving states doesn't constitute much fun, since there are special places for saving...
Anyway, this is an emulation flaw then, right? It should be fixed as both the emulators evolve.

So, I'll be saving 10 times before shutting down the emulator completly before turning off. Hope the SSNES and DrMDx get better soon ^^.

Thanks!

Or you can just do a save state where you would normally do a SRM save... As long as you don't cheat and save at non save places in the RPG it should be the same thing.

Back