Firmware 2.1.0 & Save States

gnyffel

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
After upgrading to fw 2.1.0 I've noticed that often my position in an ebook using xreader or my latest save state in squidgesnes is not saved. It seems random, and I've tried waiting a couple of minutes after saving, but apparently this doesn't help. And so oftentimes my save is not.. well, saved. Annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this in the new firmware?

Exit SquidgeSNES to the firmware before turning off your GP2X. The program doesn't actually save until you exit. No idea about xReader.

I always exit before turning off the unit. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference. How long would it take to save after exiting the emu?
Well I thought Squidge had it only write on exit so that way the save state wasn't constantly writing to the SD card. Anyways it really shouldn't take that long. I would just try to do a quick save state, exit SquidgeSnes for about a minute, then go back in and see if it loads before you turn off the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
After upgrading to fw 2.1.0 I've noticed that often my position in an ebook using xreader or my latest save state in squidgesnes is not saved. It seems random, and I've tried waiting a couple of minutes after saving, but apparently this doesn't help. And so oftentimes my save is not.. well, saved. Annoying.

I think I have seen the same thing with squidgesnes with saves states. I thought it might have been because of the internal RAM tweak. I did disable it and it may just be me, but it seems that it might have gotten better. I have the 2.1.0 firmware.

You can also create a script and add a SYNC command, which is supposed to make Linux finish up all writes in the buffer.

I think I have seen the same thing with squidgesnes with saves states. I thought it might have been because of the internal RAM tweak. I did disable it and it may just be me, but it seems that it might have gotten better. I have the 2.1.0 firmware.

You can also create a script and add a SYNC command, which is supposed to make Linux finish up all writes in the buffer.

very helpful, thanks (goes for you too, geise). Will try it out directly.

I too have had this problem and have tried several things to alleviate it, including turning off Craigix's ram timings, to no avail. After backing up my save game and my states I deleted both from my card and started a fresh game (Chrono Trigger). I played it up to a point where I could save and then made a save state as well. I exited Squidge to the main GP2X menu and let it sit for a minute, then looked for the srm file and the .state file. The .state file was where I expected it but the srm was nowhere to be found. Oddly enough upon starting up Chrono Trigger again and loading the save state I could then load the actual save game from the opening menu after a soft reset of Chrono Trigger (hold both shoulder buttons plus start and select). Still, it would appear, that with the 2.1.0 firmware, the latest Squidgesnes doesn't save to an srm file at all.

These are just my observations. Mileage may vary.

Pariah B)

Back