Gp2psx Emulator In The Zaurus C1000

urielka

Still Fresh
i am not sure that it is the good place to ask this.
is there anyway to port GP2PSX to the Zaurus C1000(416-624MHz PXA270 Xscale ,64MB SDRAM 104MHZ)?
it run linux ,i have port Pcsx to the C1000 but it doesn`t run so fast(Tekken 3 runs at 10-12FPS@624MHz).
the main reason for this is the lack of a dynamic recompiler.
i think that Zaurus and GP2X developers should work togther to make gaming on linux better on handhelds,this way we will have twice the developers working togther on the same thing rather than working on the same thing but separtly.

Uriel

the zaurus has a quite different processor, no? but i'm not sure exactly how different they are or if that makes a difference.

I think eventually GP2PSX will do away with linux. It would be more logical to coorperate with devices that use ARM9, such as most Symbian devices, such as Symbian UIQ 3.0 which has a very similar architecture. (And QVGA screen)

btw, 10fps on tekken3 is extreamly good.

not for a 624Mhz ,FPSEce can go up to 30FPS or more.
Xscale is a ARM9 CPU just like Strongarm is you can run compiled apps between the two processors and i guess that GP2x apps can be run on Zaurus.(i tried runing the GP2PSX binary(the .gpe) and it says something about a bus error but file(a linux tool to know what is realy in the file) says that it is a ARM binary).
the good thing about linux is the ease of developing to it and porting to it which is extremly easy compared to other os.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back