Gotta Say It! This Machine Is Fek'n Brilliant!

Thanks for all the responses! I feel I'm in a good place when I see people using screen caps from Stripes and Big Trouble In Little China in their avatars! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only old fart, Darkman! ;)

Re: bats - I'm rotating four sets of Energizer 2500s through a trickle charger I got with one of the sets. I've got a 15 minute charger as well, but it's been drawered after cutting short the life of several sets of Lithiums I was using in a couple of low-rent digital cameras we've got round the house for the kids...

BTW, tonight I grabbed dumpgfx and dumped kof95.gfx file - I editted the zip and the kof95.rc file (to reflect different file names in the zipped rom I've got) and it all worked like a charm, thanks to the great posts I found in this forum grace à the search function. Makes me feel like I can do anything! Well, almost... :lol:

slaanesh posted on Feb 9 2007 at 04:10 AM said:
So... am I the only one using a 15 hour charger? :blink:

I'm with ya, mate :)

I had a 1-hour jobbie but it ruined my batteries too quickly, so I deal with the 15 hour Energizer one now. It's fine as long as you plan in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X posted on Feb 8 2007 at 11:31 PM said:

I'm with ya, mate :)

I had a 1-hour jobbie but it ruined my batteries too quickly, so I deal with the 15 hour Energizer one now. It's fine as long as you plan in advance.
I have a Duracell that takes 6 to 8 hours.

I've got about 12 batteries though, so i've always got charged ones ready to go.
You're not the only one, my 2700mAh ones take about that to charge.
Currently running 4 2100mAh, 4 2200mAh, 4 2500mAh and 4 2700mAh batteries...
Mostly used the 2x and the digi cam. Although at the moment they're being used with a little IR controlled Helicopter as well :)

jimid2 - I'm with you all the way. It is brilliant... and as you say, can swap from one system / homebrew game to another seamlessly. Can't say I've ever had problems with the batteries and certainly much more convenient than proprietary batteries.

Half-way over the atlantic in a 747.. (or less glamoursly stuck on the tube) if your battery runs out on other systems then its time to say hello to the in-flight games / reading the Metro. Not so with a gp2x - just pack a few spares.

My only gripe is with the joystick. If you are a recent purchaser then the Mk 2 one removes the diagonal bias and you will probably have no problems with it.

I'm currently pinning my hope on Ed getting some more of the DaveC Mk 1 kits and me noticing before he sells out again.

purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 01:01 AM said:
:eek: Mine takes 1-2 hours!
:huh: how old is that? :huh:

*coughs* I live in Belgium. :p The charger is only a few years old, I should import a new charger and some new batteries as well. (I got 2 2400mah batteries that came with my gp2x when I bought it over, the batteries at home are at max 100mah)

Back