1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Got a dreamcast!

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by Dozer, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Dozer

Dozer Efram the retarded rabbit

What a smooth console! Soul calibur looks as good as any of my ps2 games imo. Crazy taxi 2 rocks as does all the emulators you can play on it! If the gp32 was a console then this would be it. :)

Tags:
  2. manu_pkp

manu_pkp Still Fresh

I'll say it first, but there's probably others here who'll agree : Dreamcast rules!

3. kokonik

kokonik Still Fresh

I want to get one too because its great! ^^

4. papapopalung

papapopalung Member

and at a super-bargain price, who can argue?

5. declaration

declaration "

Jet Set Radio is one of the best games ever imho. Thats why i still play my Dreamcast loads. Its one hell of a noisy console tho. :)

6. Sponge BoB

Sponge BoB Custom member title

I have one of the few dreamcasts that are unable to play cdrs. that sucks, what are the chances...

7. extremegamer

extremegamer Guest

100% conversion of Marvel vs Capcom is my main reason for owning a DreamCast.

8. divadsci

divadsci ahah i'm customised!

powerstone (or something like that, havent played it for a while) is such a fun multiplayer game

9. neo.fieldy

neo.fieldy Still Fresh

i'd looooove to have one just for shenmue 1 and 2!!!!!

10. Mark1970

Mark1970 Lactobacillus P

I even have 2 dreamcasts!
    I got mine for shenmue 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur & of course Dead Or Alive!
    A new c64 emulator came out not soon after the successfull frodo on the gp32 came out. Virtual keyboard for emulators is something that I saw first on the GP32 and later on other plaforms.
    Cheers, Mark

11. Dozer

I hav the iso of marvel vs capcom 2. as soon as i get some cdrs then i can have a go <_<

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  12. manu_pkp

manu_pkp Still Fresh

13. Twimfy

Twimfy OMG 3 years here!

Has anyone checked out the DIVX player on the DC yet? I have to say it's quite impressive, exceeds VHS quality anyway when watching a ripped AVI or something.

14. coolgpguy

coolgpguy Member

i guess people can do alot w/ the dreamcast. but i dont understand how people burn the games on a cd and be able to actually play

15. coolgpguy

coolgpguy Member

i actuall bought marvel vs capcom 2 off of ebay...ITS THE BEST DC GAME EVER! :D aside from project justice u should check that out 2

16. Twimfy

Twimfy OMG 3 years here!

I think a while ago, someone figured out a way of jumping the copy protection in software, WinCE and the fairly simple architecture of the machine then allowed coders to start creating bootable discs for just about anything.

Check out www.dcemulation.com for more info.

17. coolgpguy

coolgpguy Member

18. Esn

Esn (:";

Hey, congratulations!

I have one too, it's actually the ONLY console I have that plays 3D games, and it's great!

I'm getting a lot of fun out of the racing games right now, Wacky Wheels and Hydro Thunder, although the RPG Grandia II was AMAZING while I was still playing it.

Unfortunately most of the VG stores in Toronto don't have a lot of used DC games anymore... either they're not accepting them for some reason, or DC users are keeping them to themselves. :(

P.S. Stay AWAY from D2! (Unless you are Japanese because apparently the Japanese like that kind of thing... :unsure: )
    There is a cut scene after EVERY tiny action you take! Grrr.... :angry:

19. NssOne

NssOne I am One with the DarkNss

I have and love my dreamcast. I used to play it as much as my ps2, but then I finally started getting some decent games for my ps2. I love the dreamcast for its beautiful genesis emulation. There's also a great ZDoom port for it, it works great and looks awesome. It just feels so cool to play a game like that on the DC.

20. Dozer

Yeah i watched a ripped bruce almighty last night. i cant figure out how to centre the screen tho :S.

Edit: Also, if you want you can use your gp encoded movies if they are divx 4.12 with mp3 sound. Of course the dreamcast can handle 24 fps with much higher bitrate (had no probs with 550kbs so far).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016