Goodbye

Shrike

I'm now selling my gp32 on ebay.

While I had it the GP32 was an amazing gadget that I loved. What I loved more was the community, it was still a tight-knit bunch. We helped each other, got to know each other, insulted each other over choices of favourite consoles (Mega Drive is so much better than SNES, just for the record), and it was a thoroughbly enjoyable experience.
Unfortunately the increase in popularity of the gp32 brought more people into the community and it turned from a close knit bunch having interesting conversations to a close knit group telling new people why things weren't working.

Anyway, for the the people who made this community most enjoyable I say thankyou and I hope you continue to enjoy the community.

-Shrike-

we were glad to have ya Shrike. Take care my friend.

Hmm interesting. I think the community just gets bored now and again. Anyhoo cheerio and enjoy your new gadget. (How about a Tapwave, then you can report back to us if it's any good! :p ).

Yeah, it's too bad. But I still don't understand why you have to sell your gp32. I mean, it's still usable.

I'm sorry you think so poorly of the community. Usually I just avoid posts I don't feel like reading. Goodbye, and I hope someday you might come back!

Well if you are bothered by newbies you are selling at the right time, because if you think it's bad now just wait until the European launch when thousands of kids end up buying it ... we'll have twenty GBA posts a day for a year.

When the forums end up pissing me off, I use the GP32 for what it was made for. I go off by myself and play some Excitebike.

although I agree with you Shrike about the community, you have to look at what this forum is actually for. It is to help people learn how to use the GP32. Sure we were a tight knit bunch, and now not so much, but we have to meet new people and give the newbies a chance, after all, we were all newbies once before. Besides, we may discourage some people that may be really good at programming from programming for the GP32. New people come, and I guess you decided that old people go. :( :( <_< :(

NOOOO.

Dont leave us shrike, Newbies come and go, also, Remeber we all were newbies once.

Please dont leave, someday you'll regret it, there's a lot more things thats coming:

• European Launch
○ New Firmware
○ A LOT more developers for GP32
• Genesis Emu gets sound and fullspeed
• GP32:Zine issue 3
• Who knows what happens next? A lot more cool things i suppose.

Think about it before you leave.

please dont go...
we can just delete the regestration button on the forum :D

no... i think the Europe release will be good and bad,
more people will have a gp32, also more developers, more software.
but also more kiddies who just want to play there leaked pc stuff on the go, not buying a laptop...

bye

i havent been here for ages, but i have tried not to be an annoying Newbie. I do see what people mean about annoying newbies and their questions. Really though, there could be a limit of nebies allowed to join because i can see it getting really bad after the european launch........

As you can see, I too very rarely post but have been about for a while. Over the summer I was out of the loop and feel things have changed a bit also. I'd like to think it is a bit of a lull but maybe things have shifted. I think perhaps we may never see the likes of those heady times of daily Castaway updates again. That was surely the Golden age of the community? still things on the horizon though so I'll not walk away yet. Best of luck though.

Back