Good Running Psx Games On Emulator

mat_basset

Website
www.yolkfolk.com
here you can post what games you have found to be running smoothly on the latest psx emulator

one that i found, was RIDGE RACER - if you have the over clocking Program set to 266 and have the frameskip on about 2/3 without sound or music, it is almost fully playable
:)

GTA 1 AND 2 Work ok now, i havent tried them, but my brother told me!

lol, i know theres that wiki page, but this topic will be more active lol, and most of them on wiki where tested on VERSION 18 B)

WORMS ARMAGEDDOM works perfect, fully playable B)
;)

not really.

that list should be scrapped until a stable release of GP2PSX
he releases a new version everyday, and nobody is updating their entries

but this topic will be more active lol, and most of them on wiki where tested on VERSION 18 cool.gif

than just update the wiki as that's the way to really help

I've tidied up the mess that it was, but yes it needs the people to update their entries. But starting a forum thread or advising the list be scrapped is hardly going to help with that now is it.

definetly looks more clean now, but still people havn't updated their entries since version 0.9.

ill be making a list of about 50 games on my site after a stable version, and ill test em all..anyone is free to put it on the wiki after im done.

Say, should one actually ad a separate entry for different version, as a game working on version 33 with rip B might not work with 34f and rip C, fooling the tester, and zod, to think something is broken?

Yesterday, I tried RE3-iso witn bin, cue+bin, different overclock... Then decided to rip it trough alcohol to different format, only to realise it was PC-version. :p

(Just an iso from undisclosed source...)

Having a seperate entry for each version will turn it into a right mess again, people should test their rip using epsxe or some other psx emu with high compatibility.

Am I the only person who thinks the newer versions are similar in speed to the fast few ones, Maybe I missed a release.

Phil: It really depends on the game. Some games will get a large speed increase, where others won't. The frameskip setting of 1 or 2 should give a slight speed increase with v0.34f.

As for playable games, I tested about 15 or so games and the results were posted in the News Zone 0.34 thread. Feel free to add them to the wiki, I just haven't been able to lately.

One of the games that is now playable is One Piece Mansion. I love that lil game. :)

The wiki is important for me to see if compatibility goes up or down, and what games got a performance increase. Otherwise it's going through 100s of posts trying to find history on game compatibility/performance which slows down development.

Any suggestions on how the wiki can be improved to make it more likely for everyone to post their results? If it comes down to it, I can make fewer minor releases. I make these small releases to see whether good coding decisions are being made.

There are playable games on GP2PSX, they're usually just not very fun. ;)

Btw, there's a Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) for the PSX?! I love TTD! :)

no each release is faster i can see the difference.

also, some of my rips dont work in epsx or any other PSX emulator, but work in gp2psx, so dont always trust the pc emulators

Why don't you selet a few games as test games and use those to gain a feel for the release. Maybe FF7 ridge racer and a couple of others. Every week or so you could ad a problem game to the list and remove one of the more stable games.. just my two penneth.

Back