Good Rechargeables?

nemt

Website
www.nemesisz.net
What types of rechargeables have you guys had the most success with? I bought some 2700mAh Opteka brand AAs, but when I use them my GP2X crashes for some reason.

I dont want to be rude but there is a search function on these boards..you have made lots of posts latley. Personally I use energizer 2500mAh rechargables and they work very well

Well, I don't know where your from, but if you got a Walmart or the like near you, go and get either the Energizer 2500mahs, or the Duracell 2650mah's. I have both and they all work fine. Or, if you can find Ansmans, I hear they are highly recommended.

VARTA is my choice.
Look for VARTA 2700 PHOTO ACCU (made in japan<-that´s the key)

If you're in the UK then try 7dayshop's own 2800mAh batteries - they work fine for me and give excellent battery life (I'm afraid I can't give you any figures as I've not benchmarked it, but I've watched two 40min long avi's on it in the past two days in 'power save' movie mode, among with various other game play and the batteries are still going).

Those 7dayshop batteries aren't that high capacity whatever their mAh. For example, their 2700mAh batteries last significantly less than Energizer's 2200mAhs.

CoMiKe said:
Here is a list of tested batteries.

It's written in spanish, but it's easy to understand:

http://wiki.gp32spain.com/index.php/Pilas

I don't speak any spanish so I have no clue what the text above the table is about. :(
But a quick look at the entries let open a few questions. For example
- Did all contributers did the same things with the GP2x?
- Did they measure the time correct?

Just look at the entries for "Energizer 2500": 3:10, 3:49, 2:05 ???

amd Ansman are well known for their accus. And then such a low time?

For me this list of no use ATM. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

salut,
creature

Last edited by a moderator:
All those results on that page were created by people using the same battery testing program (Puck2099 was the author) so:
a) all the contributers did the same things
B) the actual Battery test program measured the time

Results can vary because maybe some of the batteries had gone through more charge/discharge cycles, and also possibly because not all GP2X are the same.

My Ansmann batteries don't last very long, I wish mine would last three hours.

I think the problem is that my GP2X is a first edition model (first batch even). It drinks batteries, has a really shitty joystick and the screen's wonky.

Perhaps it would be useful if I translate the battery test page from the GP32Spain wiki and post it to the gp2x.org wiki also.

Of course, I would need to ask Anarchy (the GP32Spain admin) for permission to do it.

Goob said:
Those 7dayshop batteries aren't that high capacity whatever their mAh. For example, their 2700mAh batteries last significantly less than Energizer's 2200mAhs.
I have to say that's entirely different to my experience - although admittedly that's mainly via digital cameras than the gp2x - I've used the energizer's for my cameras and the life I get out of them is really poor, unless it's just that I got from a bad batch or something :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for making a separate topic for this, but I was hoping maybe someone would have insight as to why the Opteka rechargeables didn't work.

Back