Good Program For Ripping Dvds

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I remember reading some thread on the Pandora forum about a week ago where someone linked to a very nice-looking program which could be used for ripping the DVDs that you own and making video files from them. I've tried looking for that thread again but I can't seem to find it, so I'd like ask people here if they know of a good, free program that does this (or more than one).

You're probably after Windows progs, and I don't have a lot of recommendations in that regard, but if you want to make h.264 files, I found Handbrake to work pretty good. It supposedly has a good UI, but it's CLI only on Linux for now.

Totally agree.

Handbrake is *the* solution for ripping DVDs straight to whatever common format you want. The beauty of Handbrake is that it's a one step solution. Disc in, XVID out. No stuffing around. And it's available for Windows and Mac OS X. Even supports creation of subtitle files which is really handy if you are into anime.

I use it for creating movies for my Xbox (XBMC), GP2X, PSP and even my GP32.

i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, i find dvd decrypter better at ripping different regions dvds without fuss and it can burn, whilst dvd shrink is better at removing unwanted stuff from the disk (menus) its a much nicer GUI, autogk is also excellent at making Xvid's.

dvd shrink is here > http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9562/dvdshrinkof2.jpg

just rename the .jpg to .rar and unrar it :)

Ravnos said:
You're probably after Windows progs, and I don't have a lot of recommendations in that regard, but if you want to make h.264 files, I found Handbrake to work pretty good. It supposedly has a good UI, but it's CLI only on Linux for now.
I have heard of Handbrake but not yet used it, gonna give it a go tonight :)

Last edited by a moderator:
magicdvdripper is great and has a trial... it's not hard to come up with a code for it either :p

Back