Movies

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
Hi, im sorry to all you people who know this answer of by heart lol.
but i need help on putting my dvds on my computor.
Does any one know of a program in shops or free program you can download so that i can convert my dvds to gp2x format, but also making those films less than 1gb in space. the problem im having at the moment is that when i explore the dvd i inserted there audio and video, and i have to select the files i want and stuf. so if theres a program that will rid me of that daunting task, would be cool

pantera6 is right that you should read the Wiki site.

Assuming you're on Windows:
Basically, you just rip the DVD to your hard drive with DVDDecrypter. Then, you convert that ripped DVD to XviD using a program called AutoGK.

It's pretty easy, but going through the steps the first time might be a bit odd.

Or, you can search for info about AutoGK. You should find many pages like this one that have good tutorials.

wow the videos qualitys good on this :eek:

I used Video Wave 7 Pro to copy an mpeg of Bowling for soups 1985 (also the fresh prionce video somebody advertised here lol)set it to produce video>DIVX>low then encoded it a few seconds later 1 gp2x video ready at 320 x 240.

downside is that the video was 60mb for just under 4 minutes.

I use parts of the Gordian Knot pack. It's not a point 'n click process, but it yields excellent results.

1. I use DVD-Decryptor to get stuff onto the hard disk.
2. I use DGMPGDec to split the audio out and prepare the video.
3. I process the audio to an ogg file: 90kb/s@33kHz. Because of how ogg works, this sounds better to me than mp3 128kb/s@48kHz.
4. I use Gordian Knot to prepare an AVS script, resizing the video to 320x240, and applying a noise filter even if the video doesn't appear to need it.
5. I manually process this in VirtualDubMod, muxing in the audio. I use XViD, using the mobile profile and a fixed bitrate of around 150-175kbps. When I save, I choose OGM, but manually name the file with the *.AVI extension so that the GP2x can play it.

I admit, it's not the most user friendly process. The output doesn't look good when you play it fullscreen on a PC - but it's not for the pc. It looks fantastic on the GP2x's screen. The 320x240 size, low bitrate and optimised video stream mean the video plays back ultra-smoothly.

I'm looking at filesizes of around 70-80mb for a 45 minute TV show. Which is good because my SD card is a piddly 256MB. I've just bought a 2GB one off ebay, and keep accosting the postie and demanding it.

Omniquiti Lathe 1.5

transcodes everything and anything into divx/xvid @ 320x240 perfect for GP2X

idiot proof operation (although that's not a function i'd benefit from) - just set the target resolution and start. works great for downloaded movies... don't know about DVDs.

Back