Can Somebody Make A Stupid Program For Me

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Hello there I am completly ignorant in programming (did some msx basic and already sucked at that)

But I'd like to have a very simple program what the program shoud do basically is aply simple mathmatics on the raw data in a .wav file. I found out that a wav file basically is some headers and then a part of raw data. I'd like to modify that in the line of taking the square root of it etc. I think the modification should be per block of data.

So probably very easy for some of you to code a program where I can input a .wav file a mathmatic formula and then get out a new .wav file.

I basically like to mock about a bit with sounds, also it would be nice to have the source so I could fidle a bit more with programming (I like fidleing but i never could write a program on my own)

thanks in advance (and if nobody wants to do it also fine) maybe somebody can see this as a practice case or something.

Well .. CHUCK and PureData and CSound will let you do what you want, and they'll be ported to the Pandora pretty quickly, I bet .. so if you want to learn how to do what you're thinking already, just get CHUCK or PureData set up and start hacking some code. Won't be long until you can run the same code on the Pandora ..

torpor said:
Well .. CHUCK and PureData and CSound will let you do what you want, and they'll be ported to the Pandora pretty quickly, I bet .. so if you want to learn how to do what you're thinking already, just get CHUCK or PureData set up and start hacking some code. Won't be long until you can run the same code on the Pandora ..

thanks for the tip I will do that (and ask you for help if I dont understand stuff)

why does nobody need molecular biology answers the only thing I am a bit knowledgeable in

Last edited by a moderator:
Whahahaha chuck is briliant. Totally anoyed my girlfriend by running "mouse-fm" and "keyboard-organ" in the background :D :lol:

love to have it on the pandora :)

Bosbeetle said:
why does nobody need molecular biology answers the only thing I am a bit knowledgeable in

Because it's BORING. No one cares about your cell walls and your mitochondria. :rolleyes:

bustaballs said:
Bosbeetle said:

Because it's BORING. No one cares about your cell walls and your mitochondria. :rolleyes:

I Truly hope you dont have cell walls, brrr typing plants what are you one of these venus fly traps with hands

istockphoto_1850682_venus_fly_trap_2.jpg

Dunny said:
Bosbeetle said:
I Truly hope you dont have cell walls

What holds all the cell gubbins inside the (mammalian) cell then?

D.
Cell membrane. If you had cell walls, you'd be stiff and woody... yeah.
:huh:

Tom` said:
Dunny said:
Bosbeetle said:

D.

Ahh, yes, it makes sense now. I suppose that a cell-wall is pretty much impenetrable, in which case our poor immune system would have a hard time :)

D.

Bosbeetle said:
Hello there I am completly ignorant in programming (did some msx basic and already sucked at that)

But I'd like to have a very simple program what the program shoud do basically is aply simple mathmatics on the raw data in a .wav file. I found out that a wav file basically is some headers and then a part of raw data. I'd like to modify that in the line of taking the square root of it etc. I think the modification should be per block of data.

So probably very easy for some of you to code a program where I can input a .wav file a mathmatic formula and then get out a new .wav file.

I basically like to mock about a bit with sounds, also it would be nice to have the source so I could fidle a bit more with programming (I like fidleing but i never could write a program on my own)

thanks in advance (and if nobody wants to do it also fine) maybe somebody can see this as a practice case or something.

In C but you may find this interesting; http://gp2x.fullsack.com/cocoon/gp2x/download/racket/

Sphinxter said:
In C but you may find this interesting; http://gp2x.fullsack.com/cocoon/gp2x/download/racket/

Thanks I will look into it. But right now I am having some fun with CHUCK :p Its been a long time since I did some coding (wouldnt even call it coding its more messing about with other peoples code) last coding i did was in msx-basic :D

Dunny said:
Tom` said:
Dunny said:
Bosbeetle said:

D.

Ahh, yes, it makes sense now. I suppose that a cell-wall is pretty much impenetrable, in which case our poor immune system would have a hard time :)

D.

Well skin is also a pretty good barrier for pathogens

Back