GOG.com

I still have a physical copy of Warcraft II battle.net edition and it installs fine in wine. I think I have a copy of Warcraft but have no idea how it will install.
Hi all,

@Klumpen : time to give War1gus and Wargus another try ?

https://wargus.github.io/

Cheers, Magic Sam
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Back when I tried it I could never get the Warcraft artwork to work correctly but at the time they had some horrible libre art that was there just to demonstrate the gameplay and it turned out to be pretty good. I'll need to give this another shot.

@Magic Sam , Last I knew Wargus required the original DOS release not the battle.net edition, but my facts are around a half decade old.

Hi all :)

@TrashyMG and @Pickle : I just had a look at the FAQ here:

https://wargus.github.io/faq.html
One of the Warcraft II CDs or harddisk location:
  • Warcraft II DOS CD
  • Warcraft II Expansion CD
  • The Battle.Net CD is only partially supported, with some variants working but not others. We are working to become fully compatible!
I'd be willing to gift them a copy of the GOG version just to have it compatible with Wargus :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hey guys, everyone's favorite game about medieval Germany, Darklands, is on sale at GOG for 75% off right now.

My problem: I already own it on Steam. Got it through some Retroism bundle or something. I'm finding myself tempted to get it again on GOG though... It just always bugs me when the cool older games are missing from my GOG collection because I got them on Steam instead.

So, Trine 4 on GOG has this "scary" advertise:

Pre-Purchase Bonus:

Toby's Dream DLC Level: All pre-orders of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will get a bonus in-game level, Toby's Dream, at launch. Toby the dog, as previously seen in Nine Parchments, has his own adventure in Heatherwood Hall with the Three Heroes! Follow the pawsteps of Toby and help him find all the treats hidden in the castle and its gardens.

WFT ?! :-#

So, the only way to get it AFTER pre-order will be piracy ?! :confused:

So, Trine 4 on GOG has this "scary" advertise:
WFT ?! :-#
So, the only way to get it AFTER pre-order will be piracy ?! :confused:
They'll probably sell it as DLC after a while, but that's uncertain.

Pre-Order exlusive levels/weapons/characters/etc... are a bane and it's really sad to see this on GOG too now.

Also: Still waiting for the last two thirds of Trine 3, the game is still only 33% complete.

If it's freebie tosh yes, it probably won't become available after that date, a little akin to all of the plastic tat that's sold with retail prereleases these days. But if it's worth actually playing, it'll probably become part of a GoTY edition in a year or so.

But if it will be available in the future, then it will not be anymore a "pre-order exclusive"... and will make it a SCAM !! :oops:

I'm always of the idea that things like these could be exclusive, yes, but just for a limited time...
if you REALLY NEED everything now, and want to pay the price, it's there... else you can have patience and wait for the GOTY/Complete edition.

But if it will be available in the future, then it will not be anymore a "pre-order exclusive"... and will make it a SCAM !! :oops:

I'm always of the idea that things like these could be exclusive, yes, but just for a limited time...
if you REALLY NEED everything now, and want to pay the price, it's there... else you can have patience and wait for the GOTY/Complete edition.
Age of Wonders III and Sudden Strike 4 have pre-order exclusive levels that are not (legally) available to this day to anyone who didn't pre-order and that was/is the case for Steam as well as GOG customers.

I apparently already purchased Freespace 2 back in 2012 for the low low price of $6.
I've never played it.

Back