GOG.com

Got a code for Alan Wake's American Nightmare lying around (which will expire on June 27th 23:59 CEST) - anyone interested ?

Just Bought Fallout New Vegas on GOG.com,
i hope it will run, as Oblivion and Fallout 3 ditnt worked on my PC (because the Dual Core Prozessor), but on the Specs they said Dual Core and Windows 7 would work.., so maybe GOG allready include a Patch to suppord Dual Core Prozessors..

Just downloaded Fallout New Vegas from GOG and it's works pretty well on my PC, ditnt expect this as on this PC, Oblivion and Fallout 3 ditnt worked due to the Dualcore..
And the Game is quite fun ..
the Download was also quite fast, but I got some issues whit my Powerline LAN so decided to put my Laptop to the Livingroom and connect it directly via LAN Cable to the Fritzbox.. I got 2.9 mb.s this way so about 30 minutes for 4 gb,
I remember the time when I had to wait 30 minutes for 100 mb ..and this wasn't far awaiy

Just downloaded Fallout New Vegas from GOG and it's works pretty well on my PC, ditnt expect this as on this PC, Oblivion and Fallout 3 ditnt worked due to the Dualcore..
And the Game is quite fun ..
the Download was also quite fast, but I got some issues whit my Powerline LAN so decided to put my Laptop to the Livingroom and connect it directly via LAN Cable to the Fritzbox.. I got 2.9 mb.s this way so about 30 minutes for 4 gb,
I remember the time when I had to wait 30 minutes for 100 mb ..and this wasn't far awaiy
Just a heads-up to everyone who wants to play New Vegas in WinXP or Linux:
GOG broke XP compatibility by inserting Galaxy/Client crap into the offline installer, this can be fixed by inserting a renamed steam_api.dll and replacing the galaxywrp.dll, here's a prepackaged patch for that:
https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_new_vegas_windows_xp_fix_for_gogs_package

And for Linux there's a pretty good script to make a WINE wrapped installation here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_new_vegas_for_linux

Also - Some people seem to not be able to run it offline due to GOG's usual f***up with ther damned client integration:
https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_s...ller_requires_internet_connection_temp/post44

When I downloaded it, it ditnt needed the Galaxy Client, just the 4 and 3.7 gig Setup File and a bit time to install..
Also I Wonder how i get my game to "German" languish as at the moment it's English..
This isnt a big problem as I understand a lot of English and in the World of Fallout they ditnt often speake "Shakespeare" but it's a bit strange because the Game should also be in German as the Side says..
But Brütal Legend is also in English ..

So, finally I completed the Spellforce collection... now I'm able to play that infamous worst game of the series !! YEAH !! :D

Also, I unexpectedly ended up with Double Dragon too :)

By the way, I also have a code for "Alan Wake's American Nightmare" if someone is in need

Fallout NV runs great on my PC, but I have the Issue that it's stuck on the Picture of the Wastelands when I end the Game, so I have to push control alt delete to close the game and come back to the desktop..

The other day I found out that the GOG Downloader links pages of "Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars" and "Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm" were giving a 404 page... (maybe because of the newer Spellforce 2: Anniversary edition, but it doesn't have links for bonus contents)

So, I contacted them telling about those 404 pages, and the result is somehow this:
GOG: "We don't support anymore GOG Downloader, you should use GOG Galaxy"...
ME: "But the issue is not on GOG Downloader, it's on the site, there are missing links"
GOG: "Yeah, we know but we don't even support those anymore... you really should use GOG Galaxy"
ME: "Ok, I'll find other ways then... I hope at least the normal links will stay there forever..."

:(

ME: "But the issue is not on GOG Downloader, it's on the site, there are missing links"
GOG: "Yeah, we know but we don't even support those anymore... you really should use GOG Galaxy"
Very disturbing. This is shaking the foundation of GOG.

Last edited:
I'll take the constructor one if you still have it. I already have the others.
Done.

Eador was reactivated (and surprisingly expired before) too, so I still have to get rid of:
Eador: Genesis (expires: Jul 16, 2017)
Mount & Blade (expires: Jul 16, 2017)

Last edited:
This isn't a free game, but this week's weekly sale is one of the better ones in a while, at least from my point of view. You've got a great selection of adventure games like Quest for Glory, King's Quest, and Zork. Then you've got some historical city builders like Zeus + Poseidon, Pharoah + Cleopatra, and Caesar III. And to top it off, you have Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Betrayal at Krondor, which are known to be some of the better CRPGs out there.

Link: https://www.gog.com/promo/20170710_weekly_sale

Back