GOG.com

I only bought discounted stuff at GoG, but damn, my collection is so huge by now, oh dear...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with (mostly) buying below 2-3$ my collections has gotten quite large. Though its primarily DRM free English versions to replace my 'disc-DRMed' German ones. I always hated the hassle of having to put the disc into the drive (even though the discs are neatly ordered by title on an easily reachable shelf).

Oddly enough, I haven't bought anything. I keep forgetting and just not caring. My backlog is safe... for now.

well, my gog collection is quite small... it's mostely free games, games I bought in bundle to play on the pandora (ex: all the gemRB playable games) and of course SiN!

but I still got a 300+ game backlog on steam... guess I should blame the HumbleBundle...

If someone is into adventures I can highly recommend "The whispered world" which is currently "on sale".

Another example for good customer service, as this is now the special edition, all customers that bought the original version on gog previously, automatically get the special edition. Time to play through it again with audio commentery.. the only thing I need now is...time to actually do it.

Some nice ones in this sale, but this insomnia style is harsh, does the trick I guess, keeps me checking the page often for the next title in the list.

Telsagrad up now just had to be purchased, looks a nice little platform game

Telsagrad up now just had to be purchased, looks a nice little platform game
Dammit, I missed that :mellow:
Did anyone see any free titles yet? Last time, I at least saw some free games popping up now and then (but was always too slow, to catch one), but this time....

Did anyone see any free titles yet?
how, there's some free titles like that? you're not getting them randomly when you buy something?

edit: hum yes, I checked on the announcement, free game can now only be awarded during the checkout it seems...

I've not noticed the freebie games either, or on checkout, hope I've not missed any..

Apart from between the hours of 3:30 to 6:30am when I was asleep, I was watching every title that came up yesterday/today...

Interstate 76, Teslagrad, Rise Of The Triad, Gateways, Raiden Legacy ... all got for a steal :)

Sadly, the GoG version of Interstate 76 doesn't work very well on modern computers. Some people on the forums are offering a custom launcher that improves things a little, but I still had many crash to desktop and finally gave up on it. :(

It's a Windows game. Sure, nothing prevents me from running it inside a VM simulating an older PC and running an earlier version of Windows, but I expect GoG games to not require that kind of stuff.

It's a Windows game. Sure, nothing prevents me from running it inside a VM simulating an older PC and running an earlier version of Windows, but I expect GoG games to not require that kind of stuff.
I'd let GoG support know about it.  And if it still doesn't work, they offer a money-back guarantee within 30 days (http://www.gog.com/support/website_help/money_back_guarantee).  I know it's probably not much money back since you got it on sale... but if it doesn't work then I don't see any point in wasting money on it.

I didn't get it during this sale, I got it a few years ago. The support is aware of the issue. You'll find plenty of complaints about this one both in the forums and the game's reviews.

Back