Go?

marktuson

I've been playing around with Go over the past couple of months, and would like to run it on the Pandora. I know from the site that it'll work on the ARM, but I don't if it'll work on the Pandora - has anyone tried?

I just think it would be cool to get Go going on the Pandora, alongside my C, C++, Fortran, and BASIC (just for old times' sake) compilers.

golang.org says 5g is incomplete, it looks like you shouldn't use it at all.

There's also gccgo which is simply a frontend for GCC's C Compiler, it is supposed to be much slower but it generates more efficient code than 6g/8g/5g. It looks like you should be able to use it, but I don't think the currently available SDKs etc include a GCC that was compiled with Go support.

golang.org says 5g is incomplete, it looks like you shouldn't use it at all.

There's also gccgo which is simply a frontend for GCC's C Compiler, it is supposed to be much slower but it generates more efficient code than 6g/8g/5g. It looks like you should be able to use it, but I don't think the currently available SDKs etc include a GCC that was compiled with Go support.
Right, so I'll try and get gccgo working on there to tide me over while 5g is polished up, is that right?

I've been playing around with Go over the past couple of months, and would like to run it on the Pandora. I know from the site that it'll work on the ARM, but I don't if it'll work on the Pandora - has anyone tried?

I just think it would be cool to get Go going on the Pandora, alongside my C, C++, Fortran, and BASIC (just for old times' sake) compilers.

Give a whirl to GoSpeccy, a ZX Spectrum emulator written in Go (sorry, just a bit of self-promotion ;) ). It would be nice to see it running on the Pandora (sooner or later)!

Back