Pandora Go 1.4 on OpenPandora?

ibisum

Hi.

Has anyone gotten Go 1.4.x installed on the OpenPandora, yet, wrapped up in a .PND and so on and so forth .. or .. is it something I should be requesting be included in the Dev Tools.PND/blah somehow?   

I'd love to build the ipfs (http://ipfs.io/) client for my two Pandorae, but it requires go1.4.x at the mo' .. so if anyones done it, lemme know.

BTW, here's what happened when I tried to do it with CDEVTOOLS.pnd (I am clueless, tell me if there is a better onboard CDev environment these days, coz I'm lame too..)

Code:
/media/mmcblk1p1/hak/go/src$ ./all.bash
# Building C bootstrap tool.
cmd/dist

# Building compilers and Go bootstrap tool for host, linux/arm.
lib9
libbio
liblink
cmd/cc
cmd/gc
cmd/5l
cmd/5a
cmd/5c
cmd/5g
runtime
errors
sync/atomic
sync
io
unicode
unicode/utf8
unicode/utf16
bytes
math
strings
strconv
bufio
sort
container/heap
encoding/base64
syscall
time
os
reflect
fmt
encoding
encoding/json
flag
path/filepath
path
io/ioutil
log
regexp/syntax
regexp
go/token
go/scanner
go/ast
go/parser
os/exec
os/signal
net/url
text/template/parse
text/template
go/doc
go/build
cmd/go
Boffset: unknown state 0
Bseek: unknown state 0
/var/tmp/go-cbuild-mSr9vu/_go_.a: malformed archive
runtime.main_init: call to external function main.init
runtime.main_main: call to external function main.main
runtime.main_init: main.init: not defined
runtime.main_main: main.main: not defined
runtime.main_init: undefined: main.init
runtime.main_main: undefined: main.main

Isn't that the error for "disk full" or "swap full"? ie: either too many files open on a device, or the file size limit reached, or disk is actually full on the SD or /tmp ?

Maybe you need to send TEMP somewhere else?

jeff

(there was a problem years ago, I forget what.. saw it on *buntu .. think they were dumping symbols like maniacs into the C code, and gcc was expanding like mad and blew up, so they had to clean up their shit...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeezix: thanks for the tip, I'll investigate if thats whats going on .. maybe I need to turn on swap or something ..

ReactorScram: I've been running it for a while now (ipfs) and its great!  I can't wait to have it on the Pandora .. ;)

Sorry for OT

@ReactorScram you have all of this nice games ready for Pandora and you didn't submit any on the repo or any news here on forum ?

/ OT

OT

Farox, I assumed nobody would be interested.

I signed up for the repo and I'll see if I can put up at least one tonight. There's some packaging bugs I need to fix, an out-dated mesh and missing icon.png files.

I have another 4 or 5 LOVE games which can run if someone ports LOVE or if I make a halfway-compatible implementation.

/OT

OT

I signed up for the repo and I'll see if I can put up at least one tonight. There's some packaging bugs I need to fix, an out-dated mesh and missing icon.png files.

I have another 4 or 5 LOVE games which can run if someone ports LOVE or if I make a halfway-compatible implementation.

/OT

For Love 0.9.1, take a look inside the Duckmarines PND. For Love 0.7.2, check out Not Pacman. For Love 0.8.0, Mr. Rescue to the rescue.

I'm not quite sure yet how ptitSeb has managed to get framebuffers to work with glshim. Spent a little time on it, but a basic Hello World .love file with a test canvas being created and drawn to always causes GPU errors for me. My tests drawing directly to the screen all work just fine.

OT

/OT

For Love 0.9.1, take a look inside the Duckmarines PND. For Love 0.7.2, check out Not Pacman. For Love 0.8.0, Mr. Rescue to the rescue.

I'm not quite sure yet how ptitSeb has managed to get framebuffers to work with glshim. Spent a little time on it, but a basic Hello World .love file with a test canvas being created and drawn to always causes GPU errors for me. My tests drawing directly to the screen all work just fine.
FBO do works, Mr Rescue use them.

@Reactorsam: If thoses version of Löve are not enough or not working properly, tell me, I'll try to update.

I don't think I have looked at Mr. Rescue yet. I will open it up to see what I can learn. Thanks!

Back