:( Cons:
I don't like go
psp homebrew font :p
no icon! use mine :lol: :
gnugo2x.png

non-animated
no sound

:ph34r: Verdict:
A very complete port which had no noticeable bugs and many options to choose from. But all it does it play Go, so if you don't like Go don't look here!

Score:
(those who like go): 7/10
(those who don't):4/10

-purple_goat

How can you rate a Go game for people who don't like Go?

That's like rating a chess board for people who don't like chess, it's just stupid.

I'm not sure what animation you're looking for, xboard doesn't animate either and I find it just fine. xboard includes "plop" sounds when you put down a piece, but they aren't really all that beneficial to the experience.

Your verdict doesn't give your opinion about the game, it just makes an obvious statement. Perhaps something like, "A very complete port which had no noticeable bugs and many options to choose from. But all it does it play Go, so if you don't like Go don't look here!"

I like your icon, but it is difficult to see the black penguin head against the black background. Perhaps the gnu (wildebeest) would shrink down better?

Yono posted on Feb 11 2007 at 12:49 PM said:
How can you rate a Go game for people who don't like Go?

That's like rating a chess board for people who don't like chess, it's just stupid.
No, it's not, I said not like, not hate

I'm not sure what animation you're looking for, xboard doesn't animate either and I find it just fine. xboard includes "plop" sounds when you put down a piece, but they aren't really all that beneficial to the experience.
try the online tutorial (it gives you the location in the readme), you'll see what I mean be animated.

Your verdict doesn't give your opinion about the game, it just makes an obvious statement. Perhaps something like, "A very complete port which had no noticeable bugs and many options to choose from. But all it does it play Go, so if you don't like Go don't look here!"
fixed..
I like your icon, but it is difficult to see the black penguin head against the black background. Perhaps the gnu (wildebeest) would shrink down better?
think linux... ;)

I will improve it though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another:

gp2x-go-icon.png

I know this isn't how the ishi are actually positioned, just did it this way for aesthetic reasons. Go has always interested me, but it's a little too dry for my tastes. I prefer Ninuki Renju / Go Moku / Pente. Looks like a good port, though!

saehn posted on Feb 11 2007 at 07:15 PM said:
Here's another:

gp2x-go-icon.png

I know this isn't how the ishi are actually positioned, just did it this way for aesthetic reasons. Go has always interested me, but it's a little too dry for my tastes. I prefer Ninuki Renju / Go Moku / Pente. Looks like a good port, though!
That icon would be perfect for Othello!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go always intreged me, will be nice to learn this on the gp2x (only wonder if my brainpower is sufficient enough :unsure: )

Back