Carbon Skin

purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:28 AM said:
the littte light in the back of sd/nand/ext. after you press Game

and the skin doesn't work, its all gray..

By little light do you mean the fiery orange streak? If so I'm afraid that's staying as I like it :p

As for the skin not working all I can suggest is deleting it from your gp2x and then reinstalling - possibly redownload the file as well in case it was corrupted as It definately works fine on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage posted on Feb 8 2007 at 04:34 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:28 AM said:
the littte light in the back of sd/nand/ext. after you press Game

and the skin doesn't work, its all gray..

By little light do you mean the fiery orange streak? If so I'm afraid that's staying as I like it :p

As for the skin not working all I can suggest is deleting it from your gp2x and then reinstalling - possibly redownload the file as well in case it was corrupted as It definately works fine on mine.
Did you read
EDIT: sorry, I fucked up, my NAND was full and since I copied the file from the SD, it corrupted.
?

also, yes I mean firey orange streak (sounds a little gay :mellow: not that there is anything wrong with that..)
and I also don't like the folder (read the review again)
see?:
problem.jpg

Did you read
EDIT: sorry, I fucked up, my NAND was full and since I copied the file from the SD, it corrupted.
?

also, yes I mean firey orange streak (sounds a little gay mellow.gif not that there is anything wrong with that..)

I did read it but not until I'd already posted. And you are picky aren't you :rolleyes:
Will have to consider this the final version for now though as I'm quite happy with it - I don't believe anything is perfect and what one person hates another person will like. Still glad you're happy with it overall though and I think an orange streak and a folder icon being the only things you hate about the skin is pretty good (unless you keep adding to that cons list ;) )

ruckage posted on Feb 8 2007 at 05:00 PM said:
Did you read
?

also, yes I mean firey orange streak (sounds a little gay mellow.gif not that there is anything wrong with that..)

I did read it but not until I'd already posted. And you are picky aren't you :rolleyes:
Will have to consider this the final version for now though as I'm quite happy with it - I don't believe anything is perfect and what one person hates another person will like. Still glad you're happy with it overall though and I think an orange streak and a folder icon being the only things you hate about the skin is pretty good (unless you keep adding to that cons list ;) )
I'm not usually as picky but when I see perfection, yes.
will you upload the images so I can edit them myself and re-compile them in the Skin-Maker?
I promise I will not upload anything without your permission. And I will add to the cons list if I find another thing wrong, but I've been looking pretty hard and I think thats it. :)

Yeah I can send you a zip with the images in. PM your email address and I'l try and get them sent to you tomorrow.

purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:53 AM said:
also, yes I mean firey orange streak (sounds a little gay :mellow: not that there is anything wrong with that..)
see?:
problem.jpg

For someone that is so picky I am suprised that you are using the default GPH launcher. That whole design is daft.

Just use Gmenu2X, It is like 1 x 10^100 times better than the crap GPH launcher.

Hey Ruckage,

Fantastic skin! Although I use Gmenu2x (and currently have the carbon skin for that), I like to coordinate with the regular menu. This makes for a seamless switch to applications such as 'explorer'. on that note, I noticed that with your skin, the explorer button explanations (i.e. to confirm, press "A", to change mode, press "Y", etc) are not present. I do know the commands myself, but I suspect some newer users (especially ones who haven't made the switch to Gmenu2x, might be lost as to what to do. (and since the default mode is 'delete' we might have some accidental loss of info on the SD and NAND memory.

But to reinstate, love that skin! :D

DaveC posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:43 AM said:
see?:
problem.jpg

For someone that is so picky I am suprised that you are using the default GPH launcher. That whole design is daft.

Just use Gmenu2X, It is like 1 x 10^100 times better than the crap GPH launcher.
I think Gmenu2x is on-par the GPH selector, although I'm getting used to Gmenu2x, I'll report back :D

DaveC posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:43 PM said:
see?:
problem.jpg

1e100 times better!!! Woo!!!! Exponents!

sam fisher posted on Feb 9 2007 at 05:50 PM said:
see?:-cut to not take tons of space :p -

what?

purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:41 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Feb 9 2007 at 05:50 PM said:
see?:-cut to not take tons of space :p -

what?

Check your gmenu2x topic, that's what ;)

Back