Beta Gmpc Beta

tsh

Website
Visit site
Well, that took longer than I planned.
https://sites.google.com/site/tshpandorastuff/file-cabinet/gmpc0.20.0.pnd?attredirects=0&d=1
This is the latest gmpc (0.20.0) together with mpd borrowed from the ommpc which Coder Tim has packaged. I also added a scrobbler client, and tried to include some scripting to handle the setup, etc. This is as much an experiment in how client/daemon type things can be packages as anything else.

There are 2 entries under Multimedia, start and stop. You can kill the client, and the daemon will carry on playing.
There is also an entry under 'other' to adjust the config (which just re-creates the .mpdasrc file, using a prompt.

Now on to Sonata, which looks more like what I really want!
hmmm... missing pygtk-2.0.pc - so I thought I had the right package, but maybe it's broken. clues?

thx, I'm looking forward to using it.
My favorite mpd-client is ario, you should give it a try.

As you want to port another client, you should probably split mpd and the clients in seperate pnds. Joining them just makes no sense.

tsh said:
missing pygtk-2.0.pc - so I thought I had the right package, but maybe it's broken. clues?

Not in python-pygtk-1.2-dev or python-pygtk-1.2 ? (well, I checked, and no)
I already had this :( for an other package I can't remember right now.
you might want to get the one in this package http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/python-gtk2-dev/download
(and eventually adapt to your need)

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
tsh said:
missing pygtk-2.0.pc - so I thought I had the right package, but maybe it's broken. clues?

you might want to get the one in this package http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/python-gtk2-dev/download
I think it was python-pygtk-dev
I think I have a more significant problem though,
No module named platform
and from what I can tell, this would be the platform specific part of python (maybe with some open GL?). I still have the option of running it up on my ubuntu box and trying to track down some more info that way. (I actually got sonata to run it's install, it just fails at runtime)

In Arch, Sonata only depends on pygtk and python-mpd.

Did you try sonata on your desktop? it's really not that great. Take a look at ario. Well, or just ignore me, I'm getting used to it.

conso said:
In Arch, Sonata only depends on pygtk and python-mpd.

Did you try sonata on your desktop? it's really not that great.
No, not yet...
conso said:
Take a look at ario. Well, or just ignore me, I'm getting used to it.
I'm trying, builds, segaults. refuses to make install without iconv, and that doesn't seem to be in the angstrom repo.

yet another package to build...

grr... swapfile keeps geting un-mounted every time I reboot. I guess that might explain some issues! Added to my startup script :)

Any offers ?
Code:
ario-1.5$ src/ario 

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_show_all: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_no_show_all: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_get_selection: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

(lt-ario:25723): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_selection_set_mode: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_SELECTION (selection)' failed

Well, platform.py was nowhere to be found, but the version from Ubuntu did the trick. Sonata runs, but won't connect to mpd. For me (at least compared on the desktop), Sonata seems a better fit to the pandora screen size, Ario is fine on a 36" lcd...

sebt3 said:
tsh said:

Sorry for the gravedig, but I seem to be having a similar problem, described in this post. What do I do with that link that you've given? Do I manually download that package and place it somewhere? (where?)

Back