Gmenu2X 0.10-Test2 Ryo's Revised Binary

Nightbird

Still Fresh
Does anyone on here have the working binary Ryo posted for Gmenu2x 0.10-test2 in the following post. The 'sendmefile' website is no longer active for files:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43582-gmenu2x-0-10-test2-released/page__view__findpost__p__636819

The reason I ask, is because the Gmenu2x 0.10-test2 version on openhandhelds, sourceforge and other sites is the broken one which doesn't work with FW 2.1.1.
Gmenu2x 0.10 Test1 works fine with this firmware as does the new Gmenu2x 0.11, but there are a few problems with the new 0.11, like screenshots not appearing unless you hold a button, or the permanent arrow appearing in the corner when running Rage2x. So if someone or Ryo himself could repost this working binary for 0.10 test2 it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I'll look if I still have it somewhere on the laptop or on one of the SD cards.

Lately I am busy with other projects but I hope to find some time to fix any issue still present in gmenu2x 0.11.

Ryo said:
Hi,
I'll look if I still have it somewhere on the laptop or on one of the SD cards.

Lately I am busy with other projects but I hope to find some time to fix any issue still present in gmenu2x 0.11.

Thanks Ryo. I really appreciated that.
I do like the new 0.11 and am currently using it, but I use Rage2x a lot, and when I start a rom, a permanent white mouse pointer appears in the top left hand corner of the screen (occasionally in the centre). The only way around this is to either drop back to the test1 version or disable 'autorun' and launch Rage2x from the original menu. Even using the 'exit to official frontend' option in 0.11 still causes the mouse pointer issue. I'm presuming this is due to some kind of hook in memory on 0.11's part.
Another issue in 0.11, is selector screenshots are not automatically fading in to view like in previous Gmenu2x versions. Now you have to hold down either A,Y or joypad left or right to show the screenshot for the highlighted item.
Thanks for your work.

I'm sorry but it seems like I don't have it around anymore. I could rebuild it from source, but rather than doing that I would prefer to work on fixing those bugs for the next version.

Maybe someone else could repost it for you.

Ryo said:
I'm sorry but it seems like I don't have it around anymore. I could rebuild it from source, but rather than doing that I would prefer to work on fixing those bugs for the next version.

Maybe someone else could repost it for you.

Thanks a lot for looking Ryo, much appreciated. Can't believe it's got lost in time. Normally stuff posted on the net is retrievable from somewhere, but not this it seems. Damn that 'sendmefile' website. Hopefully someone still using the working 0.10 test2 binary on their F100 will see this thread and post it. Someone somewhere from that original thread must have it. I would go back to the test1 version but every time I use the readme function ('Y' button), it would send the CPU in to overdrive. I believe you corrected this in test2.
I'm using 0.11 at the moment but there are a couple of issues on the GP2X, like the ones in my post further up, and also the font looks pretty bad on the GP2X compared to previous versions of Gmenu2x.
Thanks again.

I think, in open2x is gmenu2x 0.10 test2 or test4.
Should I try to extract it from my NAND?

Of course you could use open2x, too :)

greetings, Ziz

Ziz said:
I think, in open2x is gmenu2x 0.10 test2 or test4.
Should I try to extract it from my NAND?

Of course you could use open2x, too :)

greetings, Ziz

Thanks for the offer Ziz. Open2x's gmenu2x is a version of 0.10, beta4 I think. I already tried it and it black screens. I think it is a specifically customized binary for Open2x only.
Cheers.

Hm, you are right, that could be.
You could use ldd to figure out which libs you need, too...

Or you change to open2x. :)

I actually spoke too soon.
I was searching on my laptop only but even though I moved away from sourceforge (now using github) all the older releases are still hosted there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmenu2x/files/gmenu2x/

Ryo said:
I actually spoke too soon.
I was searching on my laptop only but even though I moved away from sourceforge (now using github) all the older releases are still hosted there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmenu2x/files/gmenu2x/

Ryo. I had already tried this version from sourceforge and it is the broken one which doesn't work on the F100. If you look at the date of the file, it says '2008-08-15'. On the the original thread, you posted the day after on the 2008-08-16 that you heard it wasn't working on the F100:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43582-gmenu2x-0-10-test2-released/page__view__findpost__p__636787

You only released the new working binary on the same day, but you never repacked it and released it and now it's got lost. All the versions on the net are the non-working version as nobody ever bothered to repack a working version with the new binary you posted at the time.
Cheers.

Sounds like a good reason the change to open2x. :rolleyes:

Back