glshim

now I'dd need an arx libertatis port...
I got it to compile, but it runs horribly.

>I tried with catatiles (i.e. cataclym roguelike TileMap mod), but it need glDrawBuffer. I have to see what is this function...
I'l take a look at glDrawBuffer.

Tip for anyone trying a port that doesn't work - if you make the binaries available for me, I can try to fix whatever's broken in the lib that prevents it from rendering properly.

I already have GL builds of aquaria, arx libertatis, cube, foobillard, jumpman, neverball, octaspire crates, trigger rally, and uplink I've been using to test.
Jumpman has some glitch, all graphics are 180° rotated...

Ah ok. I'll probably tries some other build soon, in my spare time...

I try to compile Allegro 5.0.8, but there was menu entries missing (didn't notes which).

I still have to try Blender & Blenderplayer (but maybe you already had), and I had a half compiled freespace to finish compiling and testing.

Also, I have to try with Wine (with the Takaeda's emulators) and see the effect...

The latest libpreload should fix input/mouse freezing in many apps (like when calling SDL_WarpMouse), thanks to this thread.

It seems to *help*, but I got neverball to freeze still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool :)

I tried open freespace  I still cannot complete build (some mess with the jpeg libs I have to fix), but the linking with libGLU showed many missing func :(

Here is the list:

glEvalPoint1
glEvalPoint2
glEvalMesh1
glEvalMesh2
glEvalCoord1f
glEvalCoord2f
glTexImage3D
glMapGrid1f
glMapGrid2f
glMapGrid2d
glMap1f
glMap2f
(the code tag doesn't works well on the boards this times...)

Did the game actually use these functions? They aren't the easiest to implement :)

Ok, sorry, false alert, I had a mix of libs from mesa and yours... Fixed that. I still have to fix the jpeg libs problem I have...

But, now, I have this (real this time) missing ref on libGL :

glDrawBuffer

glGetTexLevelParameteriv

glGetTexImage

glVertex4f

Also, I must say I'm also interested in knowing (borrowing to be honest) how you create the xwindow context for GLES.

I'm trying to make Allegro5 and Ogre3d working with their GLES port, but I am mainly stuck at the creation of a working XWindow context.

I know how to creat one with SDL, but without SDL, I haven't succeeded  yet.

I really don't want to implement glGetTexImage right now :)

I'm also interested in knowing (borrowing to be honest) how you create the xwindow context for GLES.
The glx layer is a huge part of the reason this lib is magic :p

I really don't want to implement glGetTexImage right now :)

I'm also interested in knowing (borrowing to be honest) how you create the xwindow context for GLES.
The glx layer is a huge part of the reason this lib is magic :p
Ah yes, I clearly see what you mean !

About glGetTexImage, maybe I'll try later to comment the lines, and look at the code to see if it's important drawing code or not...

Cloudef got a port of Ogre semi working.

Maybe contact him for questions about context creation.

Could this be used to make blender work nicely on pandoras?

(I'm expecting an answer of 'maybe, kinda, not yet' btw)

Cloudef got a port of Ogre semi working.

Maybe contact him for questions about context creation.
I suspect the context creation changed with .. I don't know, the new kernel? It seems to me that many "old" 3D games doesn't work anymore, failing at context creation.

Could this be used to make blender work nicely on pandoras?

(I'm expecting an answer of 'maybe, kinda, not yet' btw)

I'll try blender and report.

blender 2.65a needs glRasterPos2f

same for blender 2.49b

blenderplayer needs glColorMaterial

So, no luck :(

Also, I must say I'm also interested in knowing (borrowing to be honest) how you create the xwindow context for GLES.

I'm trying to make Allegro5 and Ogre3d working with their GLES port, but I am mainly stuck at the creation of a working XWindow context.

I know how to creat one with SDL, but without SDL, I haven't succeeded  yet.
http://pandorawiki.org/GLESGAE:Setting_Up_A_Window_and_Context - it's all in the wiki :)
Hey, nice ! I didn't know that one. I'll dig this. Thanx !

Back