GP2X Glbasic Help

flammablepiss

Website
Visit site
Can anyone tell me where i could find some tutorials or just a general understanding of using glbasic 4 ?
I am 15yrs old, I have little knowledge of coding (Other than some html a bit of java)
Someone told me that glbasic was a relatively easy way to begin making games.
Thanks, Ben

flammablepiss said:
Can anyone tell me where i could find some tutorials or just a general understanding of using glbasic 4 ?
I am 15yrs old, I have little knowledge of coding (Other than some html a bit of java)
Someone told me that glbasic was a relatively easy way to begin making games.
Thanks, Ben
The samples included with GLBasic are streets ahead of most of the examples you would find. Have you managed to locate these and go through them yet? They are all included with the demo version of GLBasic.

Be advised that although it's BASIC, it's not a case of just making a game with a few clicks and so on, you will need to have a grasp of programming. That said it's not difficult, you just need to get in the right frame of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep i saw them... I worked out how to add images and stuff, i just need to lear how to create actions and animations. Basically i need somewhere to start.

Ideally something like a list of basic commands that explains what they do.
I'll hunt around, im sure i'l get it eventually. : )

P-J said:
I'm currently working my way round GLBasic so I can help you if you have anything specific to ask. The syntax in GLBasic is pretty straightforward so it shouldn't take much getting used to :)
Ok, thanks !

Could anyone post me some code that loads a .bmp image...
Then when a button is pressed it loads up a different image ?

I want it to do this around 7 or eight times over.

(kinda like a slideshow )

I want it to play around with it.

flammablepiss said:
Could anyone post me some code that loads a .bmp image...
Then when a button is pressed it loads up a different image ?

I want it to do this around 7 or eight times over.

(kinda like a slideshow )

I want it to play around with it.
See the commands LOADSPRITE and SPRITE if you want to move the images. Just for the background it's LOADBMP.

Back