GP2X Want To Start Developing For The Gp2X Wiz

hyper

Still Fresh
I've had my wiz since christmas and it's a great device, I love all the Homebrew and Emulators that run on it, and I hold the developers in high regards, thanks guys ;). So I want to start making games.

Now, I have VERY little experience coding but I have some (more along the lines of scripting) however I understand how lots of things work, variable .etc I know I'll have to start small, asteroids clone or the like. But I need some help as to where to begin. I use windows so no linux stuff if you please :). I've been looking into GLBasic and that might be a good place to start.

Mike said:
I've had my wiz since christmas and it's a great device, I love all the Homebrew and Emulators that run on it, and I hold the developers in high regards, thanks guys ;) . So I want to start making games.

Now, I have VERY little experience coding but I have some (more along the lines of scripting) however I understand how lots of things work, variable .etc I know I'll have to start small, asteroids clone or the like. But I need some help as to where to begin. I use windows so no linux stuff if you please :) . I've been looking into GLBasic and that might be a good place to start.

You may want to check out Fenix
If you go C/C++ then use SDL and work through Lazy Foo Tutorials (thats what I did)

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded Dev C++ and tried to follow Lazy Foo's Tutorial but it's all a bit overwhelming, I'll probably check out fenix tommorow. Thanks for the help, Glbasic looks promising though especially with the Wiz compiler built it.

Some other topics of interest:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53116-wiz-programming/page__p__843814__fromsearch__1&#entry843814
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52846-i-want-to-be-a-programmer/

Good luck, and remember don't be afraid to sink a couple of weeks into this before you'll start feeling comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think it would be a good idea to make a topic with wiz programming resources and pin in it the developers section.

Thanks alot for the help guys I really appreciate it! But I think I will go with GLBasic, it is very well documented and very easy to use from what I can see, reminds me of DarkBASIC (a program I have had some experience with). I think GLBasic will suit my need and I should be okay for sprites. Thanks again guys and hopefully you should see something from me soon. (but not too soon ;)).

Back