Give me a reason not to cancel my order and buy from the Ithic.com (NOW WITH A HUGE DISCOUNT)

notyu1459

Still Fresh
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A RELEVANT DISCUSSION THIS TIME, PLEASE?

I didn't create this thread for political squabble. I created it to ask a question.

It kind of pisses me off that the only post from Evildragon was the one that closed the thread.

Anyway, a new challenger has emerged, prompting new questions. If I order from Evildragon now, I get my 1ghz Pandora for $100 less. That's a big damn deal.

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/27-main-consoles-and-upgrades

I do want to help keep Craig and his preorderers afloat, but I'm not sure if its worth waiting more to pay more for something I ordered before everyone else.

If I got refunded $100, I would be more comfortable waiting. Also, if I actually got something special for waiting so damn long. Does anyone still have any first batch stickers? 

How about Kumaki's idea?:

"A thought:  Many of us WANT the cables.  If an extra five bucks was tacked onto the cables for everyone, it might clear a few pre-orders.  And the pre-orders would then also come WITH cables for free...as a small reward for patience.

I know I am tight with money, but I would gladly pay five extra bucks for my cables and help a fellow get their Pandy."

I preordered a TV-out cable, and this would be great news for me.

EDIT: Now Ithic.com has joined the discount party!

http://ithic.com/en/48-o.html

I
 see more and more reasons to just cancel my preorder and order one now form alternative sources. Something is wrong here, and It needs to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan answered this in the first reply on your last thread. You can cancel with Craig, but you're unlikely to see a refund for a while. Sure you can buy a new unit, but your position with Craig will effectively remain the same - cancelled or not (you will still be waiting, whether it's for a Pandora, or money)

Edit: The "Cross-Upgrade" process is the only way you'll get your Pandora and finish dealings with Craig IIRC, I've asked ED to clarify the process for those interested, so keep an eye out for a thread

Well, I am glad to see many like my idea. 

I do hope that they implement it.  An extra five bucks onto everyone's TV-out cables...and there you go, fund a few more user's units...and also fund those waiting to get the cables free.

As mentioned before, I am very tight with money, but I'd be happy to fork over an extra five bucks for the cables, knowing it would go to help fund another user's Pandy.

WizardStan answered this in the first reply on your last thread. You can cancel with Craig, but you're unlikely to see a refund for a while. Sure you can buy a new unit, but your position with Craig will effectively remain the same - cancelled or not (you will still be waiting, whether it's for a Pandora, or money)<br />

Edit: The "Cross-Upgrade" process is the only way you'll get your Pandora and finish dealings with Craig IIRC, I've asked ED to clarify the process for those interested, so keep an eye out for a thread
This

I understand your anger, but you did get an answer to your question the first time you started this thread. Restarting locked threads, especially by appending some shouting to the title (yes, shouting, that's what caps are for) is not considered good behavior. Now give me a reason not to lock this thread.

From what I understand, Ed is fulfilling Craig's orders now, so eventually you will see your Pandora. You can upgrade your order through Ed and get it sooner for $350 (even though Ed's site says preorder upgrade is $412). I feel your pain as I'm in the same boat. I think at this point, I stand a better chance of getting a Pandora than getting a refund. I'm not understanding where you see it being $100 less. Are you comparing what you paid to preorder to the full retail price?

Member's who have been active in the forums know this information better than those who drop by time to time to see what's up. If you haven't been on top of the situation, it's hard to find searching through endless threads to find the scoop. Maybe the upgrade price for Craig's customers and the procedure involved should be made a sticky and locked for comments. I would think that is the least they could do for the people who funded the project and are left empty handed. It's painful to be active on the forum for years, without the product everyone is talking about. I know I tend to put it out of my mind for months, then punish myself by having to read hundreds of posts to find the bottom line. The mods should be sensitive to that....and to the fact that we have to pay more than new joe customer.

I'm sure if the information I gave is wrong, someone would correct me.

The problem is, with regards the cross-upgrade...as best I can understand is this:

You early pre-orders gave your money to Craig...and Craig did not produce - the reasons for this are many and I won't get into it here.  Not all of these reasons are even Craig's fault.  He certainly did not go in INTENDING the situation we now have.

ED is fulfilling Craig's early pre-orders, as best he can...out of his own pocket, and out of the goodness of his heart.

HOWEVER...there needs to be sales to fund the production of these extra units, for which ED is putting out the money.  The profits from current sales are being used to produce units for pre-orders.

If a pre-order does not want to wait anymore, and get one NOW...then, what I believe ED is asking for is nothing above the actual production cost of the unit...no profit there for ED.  And you can't blame ED for at least needing to cover the actual prodution cost.

NOW...if the amount previously given to Craig...PLUS the amount ED needs....is more than Joe Customer paid for getting a unit now, who was not a pre-order...I can understand how that feels, but, again...try looking at it from the other side of the telescope.

The advantage you get is no longer having to wait and wait.

There are some alternative options, as I see it, as well.

1. You can cancel and wait for a refund, and who knows when it will come?

2. You can cancel - wait for the refund...and in the meantime, buy one like Joe Customer.

3, You can keep your current place in the queue AND in the meantime, by one like Joe Customer, at full price.

4. You can take advantage of the cross-upgrade ED is offering.

Option 1 means you get no Pandy...and now you are waiting for a refund, instead of a Pandy.

Option 2 means you get a Pandy...at full price...and are also waiting on a refund which you never know when you will get.

Option 3 means you get a Pandy NOW...albeit at full price...AND you have one on wait, which, when it DOES come...means you now have a spare.  You could give it to a friend, keep it for yourself, gift it to someone you love, or try to sell it here in the Trading Forum, or even on EBay.

Option 4 means you get a Pandy NOW...but you paid a total of the production cost...plus whatever you gave to Craig...which may be a bit more than what Joe Customer off the street pays...but you are over and done with the whole thing, and you have a Pandy...not waiting on any refund...or extra unit.

I really have no idea what else to say to anyone here on the waiting queue...because these seem to be the only four available options.  I have outlined for you the results of each of those four choices...the pro and con of each choice.  I have, to the best I can glean from what I have seen...tried to give the reasons for the price of the cross-upgrade.

I really hope this topic ends here, with this posting.  Because there really is nothing more to say.  Answers were not forthcoming - other than the ones I just gave above...the first time around with this topic, before it was subjected to gravedigging - and I doubt the answers you may get NOW will be any different than the answers back then.

I know it's frustrating, I feel you...but there really are, as best I can tell, no other options presented than the four above.

I'm quite sure that if ED could wave a magic wand and get all the waiting folks a Pandy...he would.  The man is doing a heck of an awesome thing.  But he still needs, one way or another, to cover his actual production costs.

I understand your anger, but you did get an answer to your question the first time you started this thread. Restarting locked threads, especially by appending some shouting to the title (yes, shouting, that's what caps are for) is not considered good behavior. Now give me a reason not to lock this thread.

I'm sorry if I come across as aggressive, but I really did not get any useful replies in my last thread. In fact, 97% of my previous thread had nothing to do with my question. I did not mean to come across as shouting either; I just wanted emphasis.

I'm not understanding where you see it being $100 less.

$330 Pandora + $369 upgrade = $699 

$609 is the current price on Ithic.com. That is a difference of $90, even more if ordered from Dragonbox.

Keep in mind I already paid Craig for the upgrade. That money is gone.

The problem is, with regards the cross-upgrade...as best I can understand is this:

You early pre-orders gave your money to Craig...and Craig did not produce - the reasons for this are many and I won't get into it here.  Not all of these reasons are even Craig's fault.  He certainly did not go in INTENDING the situation we now have.

ED is fulfilling Craig's early pre-orders, as best he can...out of his own pocket, and out of the goodness of his heart.

HOWEVER...there needs to be sales to fund the production of these extra units, for which ED is putting out the money.  The profits from current sales are being used to produce units for pre-orders.

If a pre-order does not want to wait anymore, and get one NOW...then, what I believe ED is asking for is nothing above the actual production cost of the unit...no profit there for ED.  And you can't blame ED for at least needing to cover the actual prodution cost.

NOW...if the amount previously given to Craig...PLUS the amount ED needs....is more than Joe Customer paid for getting a unit now, who was not a pre-order...I can understand how that feels, but, again...try looking at it from the other side of the telescope.

The advantage you get is no longer having to wait and wait.

There are some alternative options, as I see it, as well.

1. You can cancel and wait for a refund, and who knows when it will come?

2. You can cancel - wait for the refund...and in the meantime, buy one like Joe Customer.

3, You can keep your current place in the queue AND in the meantime, by one like Joe Customer, at full price.

4. You can take advantage of the cross-upgrade ED is offering.

Option 1 means you get no Pandy...and now you are waiting for a refund, instead of a Pandy.

Option 2 means you get a Pandy...at full price...and are also waiting on a refund which you never know when you will get.

Option 3 means you get a Pandy NOW...albeit at full price...AND you have one on wait, which, when it DOES come...means you now have a spare.  You could give it to a friend, keep it for yourself, gift it to someone you love, or try to sell it here in the Trading Forum, or even on EBay.

Option 4 means you get a Pandy NOW...but you paid a total of the production cost...plus whatever you gave to Craig...which may be a bit more than what Joe Customer off the street pays...but you are over and done with the whole thing, and you have a Pandy...not waiting on any refund...or extra unit.

I really have no idea what else to say to anyone here on the waiting queue...because these seem to be the only four available options.  I have outlined for you the results of each of those four choices...the pro and con of each choice.  I have, to the best I can glean from what I have seen...tried to give the reasons for the price of the cross-upgrade.

I really hope this topic ends here, with this posting.  Because there really is nothing more to say.  Answers were not forthcoming - other than the ones I just gave above...the first time around with this topic, before it was subjected to gravedigging - and I doubt the answers you may get NOW will be any different than the answers back then.

I know it's frustrating, I feel you...but there really are, as best I can tell, no other options presented than the four above.

I'm quite sure that if ED could wave a magic wand and get all the waiting folks a Pandy...he would.  The man is doing a heck of an awesome thing.  But he still needs, one way or another, to cover his actual production costs.
Thank you. That is the best answer anyone has given me. I'm nearly set.

Here's where I am with regards to the options you gave me:

Option 1 - Not happening. I want my Pandora.

Option 2 - This option seems OK. I pay $100 less and I get my Pandora now. I don't really care how long it takes for me to get my refund, as long as it's eventually. How long could it possibly take?

But I worry that if I ask for a refund, I'll damage the effort somehow. I don't want to bankrupt anyone that is associated with this project.

Along with this, I have a TV out cable and carrying case that I don't want to lose as part of my preorder. Also, look at all the cool stuff this guy got 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3VIO4KUYWI?feature=oembed

Well, I am glad my answer seems helpful to you.

I can't speak to how long you might wait for a refund from Craig.

BUT, with Option 2, bear in mind that you are current out whatever money you sent to Craig...and you're footing the entire price of the Pandy that Joe Customer Latecomer can order...and now you're waiting on a refund versus waiting on a Pandy.  If you happen to have that kind of spare cash, this may be your option - but nobody could say when you might get a refund on your cancel order.  It all depends on new sales servicing the old pre-orders, and the refund queue...and I would ASSUME...the pre-orders would get preference over refund requests.  I have no information that SAYS this, just an assumption on my part.

On the other hand, if you happen to have a little less spare cash hanging around...but still want a Pandy NOW...Option 4, I believe, would still be open to you...although I assume that (and again, I'm not sure) with Option 4...you get a Pandy now...and no refund of any funds later on.  Which means you are now done...no waiting on anything...and you have a Pandy...however, you may have paid more than Joe Customer Latecomer - when you add whatever you paid Craig...plus the cross-upgrade.

And I certainly could not speak to whether or not you would also get the TV Cables - rioght now NOBODY has them, unless they made them for themselves.  But I would also assume that...cancelling your order with Craig would also cancel your TV Cables.  The cross-upgrade is likely only for the Pandy Unit itself.  In which case, you may end up asking for a refund on the TV Cables from Craig...and take a number, I guess.

I'm not on the inside, so I really have no information that anyone else does not have available to them.  The answer I'm giving here is the best I can do, from what I have gleaned from what information has been made publicly available.  I wish I had better answers...hell, I wish someone could wave a magic wand and get everyone their Pandy's and their TV Cables NOW.  I know if ED...or Link could...they would!  But a magic wand isn't what is needed....a cash infusion is.

Now, again, I'm going to venture into ASSUMPTIONS here...

Assuming you cancelled with Craig...and then ordered from Ithic...as you suggest...this is what I BELIEVE the outcome would be. (This is Option 2, by the way)

1. You get your Pandy NOW...at the full Ithic price.

2. You get put in a refund queu with Craig...which I believe would be serviced after the pre-orders, but I may be wrong.

3. If you order from Ithic...I do NOT know if profits generated from sales to Ithic - help to fund pre-orders or not (maybe someone in the know could tell us the answer)

4. It neither helps nor hinders the project...in my estimation, if you do Option 2...because you simply move from a pre-order queue to a refund queue.

5. IF...orders placed thru Craig...also end up helping fund other users units...then there is a net gain for the project.

THUS...at best, there is a gain for Pandy...at worst, it is a zero-sum game...BUT

A. You now have a Pandy

and

B. Now you're waiting for a refund instead of for a Pandy.

OTOH, if you do the cross-upgrade thru ED...(Option 4)

A. You now have a Pandy...you may have, over the time, paid more, but you will put out less extra money

but

B. You won't have a refund coming.

C. Because the cross-upgrade only covers production costs, it's a zero-sum game for getting others in the queue their Pandy's

however

D. The benefit is that there is now one less pre-order in the queue...which is a plus for the project.

and

E. Everyone who was behind you in the pre-order queue moves up one space!

I hope someone in the know can confirm or clarify my assumptions here, I'm doing the best I can with what information I have seen over many, many threads.

Along with this, I have a TV out cable and carrying case that I don't want to lose as part of my preorder.
As I'm helping out ED a tiny little bit with the e-Mail support I know that you won't loose the part of the preorder that is Pandora related. Meaning Ed will cover the Pandora, Pandora Case, TV Out cable, spare battery, extra case parts, etc. but NOT additional things that you ordered with your Pandora like an SD-Card.

Option 4 - I already upgraded via Craig. Can I even still do this? If I can, great! But I don't think I can...

So, based on these facts, what should I do?
If you are someone who upgraded to a 1ghz unit, I think you are on the short queue. However only Craig can confirm this. If so, you might only have a couple of months to wait.

The best option to help the pandora project is to do the cross-upgrade to ed's shop. You can PM him with your order number and get instructions for doing this.

The best option to help the pandora project is to do the cross-upgrade to ed's shop. You can PM him with your order number and get instructions for doing this.
No need for that, just buy the upgrade via the shop and add the original(=craigs) order number + additionally preordered (Pandora related) things as a remark during the order process.

Along with this, I have a TV out cable and carrying case that I don't want to lose as part of my preorder.
As I'm helping out ED a tiny little bit with the e-Mail support I know that you won't loose the part of the preorder that is Pandora related. Meaning Ed will cover the Pandora, Pandora Case, TV Out cable, spare battery, extra case parts, etc. but NOT additional things that you ordered with your Pandora like an SD-Card.
Thanks for clearing up that information which I did not have!

The only problem is that ED doesn't read his PM that often apparently. The one I sent with all the details for a cross-upgrade on Dec 30 is still unread...

Back