Release Gish

Could this be the wonderfulness of a piece of master craftmenship that was made by the great Edmund Mcmillen?

Chrismas arrives early.

There are two versions on the repo - whats the difference ?
One's actually called "Aklabeth" and the other is "Gish". Both however are described as "2D Platformer where the player is a ball of tar" and PND Manager is really getting confused now.

D.

From what I can see, they're also both the exact same size as well, double upload by mistake perchance?

i get audio but a black screen, never used to with the version from old repo, all the game files are in the same place and i'm using the old appdata file that i used to

There are two versions on the repo - whats the difference ?
One's actually called "Aklabeth" and the other is "Gish". Both however are described as "2D Platformer where the player is a ball of tar" and PND Manager is really getting confused now.

D.
When i was updating the gish pxml i based off Aklabeth and i forgot to change the app id, so when i updated the pnd it thought it was Aklabeth. I fixed it the Aklabeth pnd, so use the other one.

i get audio but a black screen, never used to with the version from old repo, all the game files are in the same place and i'm using the old appdata file that i used to
Its practically the same thing, although it is now using egl with raw framebuffer. You could try and rename the .gish folder and retry.

Its practically the same thing, although it is now using egl with raw framebuffer. You could try and rename the .gish folder and retry.
if i do this i fail to get even the audio i was getting before

if i do this i fail to get even the audio i was getting before
anything from the log in /tmp?

Ok thats helps, so basically the latest drivers dont work with X, which i what this defaulting to. You can get around it by creating and eglport.cfg. I was thinking it defaulted to raw fb, but it doesnt. I will add the eglport.cfg to the pnd later.

egl_mode=0

use_vsync=0

use_fsaa=0

size_red=5

size_green=6

size_blue=5

size_alpha=0

size_depth=16

size_buffer=16

size_stencil=8

Last edited by a moderator:
Gish only shows a white background with some gray boxes on the buttom (the game menu?).

Either something it wrong with the drivers (I am using the original ones without having tempered with them), or this is the way it looks without game files. Would be nice to get instructions on which files have to go where ... and also mention it in the repo  ;)

Also, thanks! I'm looking forward to playing this game on my Pandora  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gish only shows a white background with some gray boxes on the buttom (the game menu?).

Either something it wrong with the drivers (I am using the original ones without having tempered with them), or this is the way it looks without game files. Would be nice to get instructions on which files have to go where ... and also mention it in the repo  ;)

Same here.

if its showing a white background and grey boxes make sure you have the gamefiles in the appdata folder.

@ kuru you dont need nubs

Same here.

This is normal - you have to provide the datafiles and put them into appdata.

Pickle should put a messagebox for user-friendliness I guess.

Mentioning that in the PND description would have saved me a download and a disappointment :)

Back