Gigas Engine Newb

kotd

Website
Visit site
Okay I have a great idea for a transformers RPG :p :lol: . Is there tutorials for Gigas and will it support chatboard for writing the text? For the characters, if I get the front of a transformer pic, I'm gonna have to draw the other angles right? Unless its a 3D pic? Max size for a character and what format? Sorry real newb here. ;)

Cool so what if the sides smaller than 24x34 just make it transparent space? Cause the front is that size but transformers aren't fat :p I've got lots of gifs ready heh I'm gonna do a transformers the movie remake. I'll be able to have bigger sprites in the turn based battles right? cause 24x34 is a bit tiny. Good for t he map though. MUHAHAH my big project.

Hiya Kotd, welcome to the gigas forums :)

i've written a tutorial which is included in the 0.7.0 beta, sadly this beta isnt available yet as it's been entered into the gbax comp and therefore i must wait for the results to go public before offering a download.

the character size is 34x24, but if the character is smaller than that you just centre him and it'll work out ok.

Chatboard isnt supported yet (im still need one), but it does have a virtual keyboard to allow text editing until then.

Hope that hopes!

Awesome pirotic. Thanks for the welcome. Now I feel bad hehe I forgot to mention. GIgas looks awesome. Gonna put it on my smc today and try it. This transformers RPG is full on serious. I have characters ready and an outline of a script. So I just need to start cracking. If anyone wants to help with GFX creating I'd be happy to have some help. Well make a website soon for the project. The game will be free of course :D donations will be welcome. And if pirotic can compile it that would be great. It'll be a few months though....but I've got holidays in 4 days so I'm gonna get cracking.

@ Pirotic. Will there be support for a team of characters? (Not that they have to be onscreen eg ff7)

Also cut scenes are made with the ingame engine right? Hopefully not to hard? Can't wait to try it out although I'm not sure how to insert a character sprite or make one. I've got the front of my character (optimus prime) so I'll have to make the others for now.

Thanks Again!

and aliens :)
and transformers junior
and a sidekick black person sitting in a weelchair :)

*eighties flashback*

(I've been playing vice city all morning :p)

Yep just transformers matt magoo. Thanks for helping. I have got the characters they just need to be resized a bit (currently 44x48) I can make the back of them fine, but I'm haveing trouble making the side. Than I have to draw the feet moving ..... So should I email them to you or??

Back