Release Giant Flying Mech That Shoots Evil Robots For Great Justice

like nuking or persuading the master in Fallout 1 :D
OT: It was actually possible ?! O_O I tried and failed with a super intelligent and charismatic guy whose only way to fight was buying all the things and TONS of ammo at the lowest price and use a LOT of drugs... after he killed all my poor companions I had to abuse of everything chemical in my bag to beat him... and so I tought "well, they did a good job with the use of characteristic, but failed to make them all useful at the final boss"... now I have to replay it.. damn...
Yes, you need a "speech" skill of exactly 200% and evidence, that his mutants are sterile/unfertile in form of a holodisk that you can get in one of the medical centers, I think it was one in the vaults, but not sure.

This dialogue is awesome, he refuses to believe it if you only give him the disk, but after talking the right way to him, he begins to realize, that his plan of the new united mutant race would only last for one generation. My way of getting through the game was gathering lots of cheap ammo for the Uzi (or bigger stuff with tons of ammo at the end), talking myself out of situations and blowing whole magazines directly in their heads out of 1m distance if they won't listen.

Like Al Capone said, asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing. :D

I sneaked into the room with the masters nuke, activated it with my hacking skills and ran out of the base the first two runs though,

every time I tried to fight him, he slew me like nothing in the first few turns.

and while I'm OT, I'll give another hint about the masquerade, the companions AI suck bad, I mean VERY BAD, order them to stop at the beginning of every level and proceed/fight just with your main character, and yeah put on him ALL the experience ponts, don't share them... you will know why... you will know
I noticed that in the demo back then and it kept me from buying it, but I got it from gog.com now like everything else I hesitated to buy back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make the bosses in the first few stages easier in the full game. However, the boss battle in stage 5 as it is now can be one of the easiest and quickest with good timing. Hopefully by the time the bosses become as hard to kill players will have gotten used to counterattacking. Does anyone find the demo too easy?

And yes, I shall participate! I'm happy you're enjoying it and consider it worthy of the big competition :D

hmm.. about dialog. I rofl'd in the part where he says "Oh, you're one of those".

Now why does the OpenPandora not look more like a duck?

The game is now pretty much complete and has been updated in the repo. It needs some polish so I'll still be working on it.

If it's too hard, you can use the Konami Code on the title screen to gain invincibility.

I realised it was necessary to include a cheat when other people played :lol:

I've managed to implement dynamic shadows at a very near playable speed for the game! Updates in the repo.

Since I have no idea how well it will run on earlier Pandora models, I've made the Select button the toggle shadow button.

Someone let me know if the game either sucks a lot or sucks a tad. I haven't gotten much feedback :(

sorry sorry... been busy with other things, but Ill download it this week today, play it in the weekend today and give feedback by the end of the week tomorrow.

^

6h96s.jpg

I really should get round to downloading it as well, since i've been procrastinating about it for long enough.

i found out that my right shoulder button is in the process of detaching itself from the motherboard, i just "fixed" it putting a piece of paper behind it and now seems stabilized... maybe that was the cause of my suckness with the EX weapon

i'll report after some new playsessions

Whoa... the bosses are quite easy now.

I like the shadows. it sure gives it a nicer feel.

The framerate drops however in in stage 4. I do not notice much difference with 850Mhz and 1100Mhz, for me it is playable, but compared to the smoothness of other games, maybe make that level darker, maybe someone turned of the lights or something.

I also noticed the continue level! Nice! Love that feature you can replay each level. However, it is not easy to see that you have a "back". Can you draw arrows or make the window resize dynamically.

Now. Leave me be... I've got a duck turret duck with turrents to kill...

I've updated it again!

It now runs a bit faster. The speed increase is noticeable when there are loads of bullets and enemies on screen.

I've also made the level select list expand so you can see all stages and "back".

Has anyone beaten it yet? :D

... not yet.... almost.... aargh!

What are you stuck on now?

The duck and the four speaking turrets. I have to get in carefully, because most of the time, I do not have 100% health, then , I kill each turret with one blast, but just when there is one left... the duck gets me...

oh... and never trigger the talk action in the center, that is suicide...

The duck and the four speaking turrets. I have to get in carefully, because most of the time, I do not have 100% health, then , I kill each turret with one blast, but just when there is one left... the duck gets me...

oh... and never trigger the talk action in the center, that is suicide...
^this (except for the fact that I arrive there always with full health)

the last time I played I died there with the last enemy bar with a pixel of health...

Version 1!

I've improved the sound effects and added a "Press L" hint in stage 2. This will hopefully help the new players who get stuck in that room.

This is a very nice game. I like it a lot. Haven't gotten very far yet, but that's OK. I'll try the cheat code if it gets too frustrating :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. The furthest I've heard anyone has ever gotten apart from me is level 5.

Keep shadow mapping enabled to make it slow and easy :D

I tried again for 5 times the level 5... and died ALWAYS with the health bar of the duck empty... it's like that last pixel of health is doomed

anyway I found a pattern, it's when the duck suddenly closes me, and it happens everytime unexpected... I stay always at distance, and use the EX, but if I'm near a wall charging and suddenly the duck changes direction and comes closer I'm instantly dead, even with full health... only one time I was able to escape with little health, but then it went closer again...

Anyway i will not use cheats for now :) I like the fact that if I beat that boss I can start from the next level when I want :D

Back