Getting The Games To Play

guitrasher

Still Fresh
So, my brother got me a GP2X for x-mas which was a great/horrible gift.
The first day that I had it I could not do anything with it, even with an SD card, so yeasterday I bought a great 1 gig Utra II San Disk SD card and some Sanyo rechargable batteries (2500 mAh) over at costco.
So I got music, pictures and video to play, which was awesome, but then I tried getting games to play. So I looked all about the forums and could not find anything on that. The CD that my console came with had a CD with Hexen, Quake, Duke Nukem, and some emulators, but I can't get any games to work. It just gives me a black screen and then I have to reboot. So finally, here is the Question:

What the heck do I need to do to get the games working on my GP2X?
If some on could explain it to me in a non l33t hax0r jargon that would be great ( I had just found out what at the root level means yeaserday)

Oh and thanks for the website, it's great, and so is the GP2X, when I can get it to work.

hey

just like the gp32 you need to run emulators

on the site, on the main page ( this site ) you can go to the place where you can download emulators - Psx, snes, nes, mame ect.... and to play them you need the roms.

to play duke nukem you need the original game file, with it to run, otherwise yes.... a black screen :(

anyway, need anymore help there are normally read me files with the download, you can look at to help you

but if you do need anymore help just ask any of us here ;)

mat

hi im having problems with, where to put my DrMD roms... when i unziped the files it did not have a rom folder like the Snesgp2x.
i tryed diferent folder but it seems i am lost... thanks for any help... (^L_^)

read the readme.txt file, it explains everything. If you're still confused, search the boards, this has been asked about a million times already.

EDIT: And, once again, someone posted their gp2x problems in the gp32 section <_<

Back