Getting Protector Off

dennis20014

Website
Visit site
Hey all,
I searched and didn't find jack, so I'll ask anyway lol

How do I get the screen protector off!? I put it on right away just to ensure my gp2x wouldnt get scratched and it had tons of stuff under it!. I can probably get it clean if I could get off. Should I try the bathroom trick I've heard about?

The bathroom trick is to get humidity, which would prevent dust going between the protector and the screen in the first place. once the protecter is on, with the amount of adhesive, i think it'd be pretty hard to get off

hmm, well i thought maybe the humidity would make the screen's sticky stuff (I dont know what it's called lol) kinda ease up but I dunno, there's got to be a way

pick a corner and *CAREFULLY* slide a pin or blade underneath it trying not to touch either the screen or clear areas of the protector. Gently slide the pin along the adhesive area until enough of the corner is up that you can get something underneath it. a thumb, pen, whatever. and don't wait--the glue seems to 'set' and get sturdier the longer you put it off.

once it's up, remember to clean the non-adhesive area on the back of the protector. mine was covered with garbage--and I bet that's where yours is. Not exactly a clean room where they stick those protectors to the backing... now I see why they had us do that assembly ourselves.

Uhm I think I either a. figured out the problem, or b. just made it a little worse

I was trying to pick at it, and then the actual screen came off, but not the block part it came with. So after that comes off it looks like theres a window there, and the lcd is behind it. So is that right, or is that the lcd and I need to cover it? Cause if it's not, then the screen is just dandy!

dennis20014 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:15 PM said:
Uhm I think I either a. figured out the problem, or b. just made it a little worse

I was trying to pick at it, and then the actual screen came off, but not the block part it came with. So after that comes off it looks like theres a window there, and the lcd is behind it. So is that right, or is that the lcd and I need to cover it? Cause if it's not, then the screen is just dandy!

do you mean a vinyl layer came off and now you have a clear screen?

That is the layer that is invisible except it appears the protector is scratched up badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that was it, I looked on the newsletter type thing I got with it and it said to remember therers another layer, I'm good

If you want to remove protector then you have to warm up it somewhat (with hair dryer) and carefully put something in the gap to take it off. But it's hard and you might crack the plastic or even damage lcd. Myself I just opened the gp2x and at the end I'd be able to separate front panel (with protector) from lcd display.

For cleaning surfaces the plain water plus soap works best. It gets rid of fat (yep - wash your hands before all this). Don't use any alcohol (or even stronger solvent) as there is possibility it would melt a plastic parts. For dust use conducting brush or compressed air.

I was able to clean perfectly both screen protector and lcd screen this way.

Back