Getting Gp2X Online

craig-gp2x

Still Fresh
Hi all

Quick question;

Is is possible to get the gp2x online? I'm using firmware 4 (latest), on gp2x F100B . I have the gp2x cradle too. Could somebody point me to a tutorial which will help me get the gp2x online. I read somewhere you can use a usb network cable to put the gp2x online (by networking to a windows machine), but am not sure of the processed involved with regard to the latest firmware 4.

Looking forward to your reply :)

gp2x-junkie said:
Hi all

Quick question;

Is is possible to get the gp2x online? I'm using firmware 4 (latest), on gp2x F100B . I have the gp2x cradle too. Could somebody point me to a tutorial which will help me get the gp2x online. I read somewhere you can use a usb network cable to put the gp2x online (by networking to a windows machine), but am not sure of the processed involved with regard to the latest firmware 4.

Looking forward to your reply :)

... Does anybody even still use the gp2x still? The posts in all gp2x sections have seem to of dried up (as has it's users by the looks of things)... :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr said:
I still use my GP2X F100A (fw 2.1.2).

Try this.

Thank you for your help. Only problem the commands you type in require Linux (which isn't much use for my Wintel machine)... Looks like I'll have to install Ubuntu soon so I can try this out.

Edit: I've just found usbnet for Windows here for networking the gp2x up to the PC:
http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Windows_XP_usbnet Anyone tried it before I install it?

P.S. Good to hear that another person still uses their gp2x! When all the other consoles have bitten the dust, the gp2x will continue as it has the added advantage of running off 2XAA batteries :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back