Getting Cps2 To Work...

vaughan80

Still Fresh
Sigh... apologies. I seem to be on here a lot lately.

Downloaded the CPS2 emulator from here and got my hands on some ROMs to play on it. I put the emu on my SD card and copied the roms (I have tried both the z7 / zip files they came as, I have also unpacked some to see if that was the problem) but I get the following error:

Unsupported cache file - please rebuild cache file.

Am I missing something here? Probably just being a bit dim, but i thought i'd ask the experts so to speak!!

You have to make cache files for every game (zipped). Go to "romcnv" in emu directory and there you have two .bat files - one makes single cache file and second makes cache for all files from specified directory. Now copy cache files to the "cache" directory in main emu dir. That's all. Instructions are also in readme.txt which comes with emu package...

Sooo... I copy the files from romcnv and put them in the cache folder in the cps2 emulator? if i got this right, it still doesn't work. tried running the two files but no luck. im running a mac if that might be the issue.

Pretty sure if you read the read me it tells you what to do. Think that's how I got this awesome system working.

Back