Cps2 Cache File Help...?

cd78

Website
www.craigdalyart.co.uk
Hey guys and gals
The cps2 emulator is refusing to play my roms asking me to rebuild my cache files...
Ive created a cache folder in the cps2 folder...isnt doing much good..

Can someone give me some advice? Do i need to create a cache folder for each rom?? and where do they need to go??

Cheers!

EDIT
Sorry people. Sorted now.
Just realised i only extracted hlf the contents of the CPS2 download...!

Yep ; you need one for each rom and they are put in the roms folder of the emulator.

I personally couldn't get them to work even with the cache files I built according to instructions ; ended having to download the roms with pre configured cache files from torrents.

And also Fba2x can already play almost half of cps2 games without cache files.

You can build the cache file on your computer with an application included in the emulator. It is called sfxdump or something like that. You'll get more details in the readme file.

As Alghazanth says, the last version of Fireburn Alpha (fba2x 0.7) runs CPS2 games without any need of cache and it has a nice frontend (cough). Fba2x runs all games, not "almost the half" :)

juanvvc said:
You can build the cache file on your computer with an application included in the emulator. It is called sfxdump or something like that. You'll get more details in the readme file.

As Alghazanth says, the last version of Fireburn Alpha (fba2x 0.7) runs CPS2 games without any need of cache and it has a nice frontend (cough). Fba2x runs all games, not "almost the half" :)

What ; wait a minute . Does Fba2x run *All* Cps2 games without cache files?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alghazanth said:
What ; wait a minute . Does Fba2x run *All* Cps2 games without cache files?
cd78 said:
FBA2X doesnt run all cps2 games does it??!
Ive got CPS2 Emulator for my Darkstalkers/Nightwarriors fix! : )

As of FBA2X Beta 7.1, it runs all CPS-2 games, except Hyper Street Fighter 2, without the need of any cache files. ;)

Although I find that the button setup is not ideal for the 6-button games. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back