Getting An I Pad

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
My wife is getting me an i pad for devils playtime (chrimbo)!

Have not paid much attention to scene and i dont want to jailbreak it. Have seen a retro gamer app to download mags which looks good.

Any other apps recommended for a relative newcomer to this? 64GB with 3G.

Gonna keep this legit so no jailbroken apps please. Will also use for work so access ti citrix web-plugin would be great along with MS Office compatibality.

However,looking for fun media apps, and of course games, and emulators if they exist!!

Any recommendations for good apps (free, or good value) - cheers sv

(if there are good games/ emulators any chance of using a joypad?)

sataniC Virus said:
My wife is getting me an i pad for devils playtime (chrimbo)!

Have not paid much attention to scene and i dont want to jailbreak it. Have seen a retro gamer app to download mags which looks good.

Any other apps recommended for a relative newcomer to this? 64GB with 3G.

Gonna keep this legit so no jailbroken apps please. Will also use for work so access ti citrix web-plugin would be great along with MS Office compatibality.

However,looking for fun media apps, and of course games, and emulators if they exist!!

Any recommendations for good apps (free, or good value) - cheers sv

(if there are good games/ emulators any chance of using a joypad?)
no jailbreak... very boo

emulators don't exist on non-jailbroken app store so good luck with that

as far as legit games, there's plenty of good ones, you will not hear much in the way of suggestions here probally though. I don't love apple enough to post all the games that are actually worth the money *cough cough installicious* did you hear something?

citrix on a touchscreen device..... ACK!! I never used it on the ipad but on the ipod touch remote desktop via touchscreen definitely makes the ipod loose some of it's fluid and intuitive interface points.

suggestion... upgrade the ipad to 4.1 ... jailbreak your ipad... install cydia... get emulators (with ipod touch controllers! =D ) and maybe get installicious to find which apps you want to legally obtain. Leave remote desktop (citrix) for your desktop or netbook!

my 2c

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers - I hear ya and completely agree :)

Just she is getting me the 64GB version with 3G so it costs a fortune. I don't want to risk breaking it .... but I'm going to look into it further! Just not used to Apple products but have heard so many stories of how they stop you having fun .. :(

I'm well used to putting custom firmware on PSP's but am a little nervous about Apple stuff ... I have no doubt I'll give it a go after a while anyway!! :)

Thanks, SV.

ipad/iphone is basically unbrickable, it has a recovery ROM (read only memory, not even nand flashable) it can be used to load the OS back on it if everything gets dorked. There's a key combination that you hold to boot up to the rom I think it's called RTU mode or something like that. It's not possible (save mechanical failure) to screw up an ipod/ipad beyond popular belief.

I have pulled the plug in the middle of a recovery before, I've lost power in the middle of transfers etc... don't worry about breaking it. I've even installed "fake" custom os packages that make it appear bricked. Messed with boot loaders etc etc etc, those devices are tanks believe it or not.

The only think you have to worry about is upgrading the ipod/ipad/itunes to a version that is not exploitable.... minus that, nothing at all to worry about it. (there's even fixes for that but that's for a different forum)

I understand your hesitance and respect your restraint but I think it's just all little more cautious than you need to be. You don't have to take my word for it, but there's nothing to worry about.

I have an iPad 64gb with wifi only. 3G is useless on this thing IMO as it costs $100 dollars more and you have to subscribe to a data plan that's just another bill every month. I know it's useful when there's no wifi around but believe me, you don't want to pull this thing out just anywhere if you know what I mean. Better to use it at home or someplace you know to be safe.

Btw, I jailbroke mine the first day I got it, it's easy as hell!

Get the Korg ims20 app, get Jasuto Pro modular, get i.Noise .. start making tunes!

These are the apps I'll be getting as soon as I get an iPad ..

Back