Getting A 4 Gb Card

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
I'm looking at getting a 4gb card, but before I invest I want to make 100% sure that they work with upgrading firmware to version 2.0.

Here are the ones I'm looking at...

Adata 4GB 150X SD 4 GB G Secure Digital Card
SOHO
RIDATA

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated.

David Beoulve posted on May 20 2006 at 07:58 AM said:
icurafu posted on May 20 2006 at 12:06 AM said:
thanks, I'd like to know who others fared before I gable on an adata card.

By all means, don't gamble on a Ridata.

I have one of the 2 GB one. Not the pro, I have the 120x one. No problems at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
just ordered the 4GB ADATA 150X off of zipzoomfly. If it doesn't work for firmware I can always use my mom's 256 Kingston for that. Plus if it strangely ends up not working, My dad will buy it from me for his camera.

lintsniffer posted on May 21 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
just ordered the 4GB ADATA 150X off of zipzoomfly. If it doesn't work for firmware I can always use my mom's 256 Kingston for that. Plus if it strangely ends up not working, My dad will buy it from me for his camera.

Usually if it has the wrong size/does not format it is a partition problem either because of incorrect formatting (use FAT32!), faulty software, or a faulty card reader.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2Gb e-Xcessories 150x Sd Card, does not work for firmware but my GP2X loves it for everything else.
Also do you really want to wipe your 4GB SD Card everytime you want to update your firmware...?
It takes a while to copy files back onto my 2GB Sd Card never mind a 4Gb SD Card.

I just bought a 256MB Kingston SD Card for firmware updates and it works a treat with latest firmware 2.0 and it was cheap as chips.

I guess this brings up a question I had, what exactly do I need to do once I get my 4GB card? Both the card and my GP2X are in the mail right now. I'm guessing I need to format it, but how? I'm using XP. I'll be getting a MKII which might need firmware. If that card doens't work I'll use my mom's 512 she uses for her camera, but I will need to 'reformat' it back to allow her to use it on her camera.

I'm a little confused if you can't already tell.

Well linty, you need to get a card reader. Once you get the card reader, plug it in and put the card in there. Windows will auto-detect it, and then right click on the new drive and click "format". All set.

Back