Germanwings flight 9525

Soviet-Russia... ;)
I shall remember that for when my time machine comes back from the repair centre. :)
True. ^^  But maybe we just have to wait a few years until Putin get's completely crazy. ^^" Then these "brother kisses" may be back.

@Topic: I also would call this event "Mass Murder" because "suicide" does not really fit anymore if you also kill ~150 People on purpose.  

Humans are weird. I also have depressions and alot of problems but I would not kill myself. This guy was an Pilot, good payed job had an family,  he was active in sports, could have any Stewardess if he wanted...and still kills himself? Even worse, he planed to also kill all people besides himself in that plane? There was no other way?  

Even worse, he planed to also kill all people besides himself in that plane? There was no other way?  
I tend to doubt he planned it...   up until that point he'd been entirely professional.  I suspect it was a spur of the moment thing... he finds himself alone in the cockpit,  experiences a mood swing,  and suddenly decides it's time to end it all...  

I've only ever once experienced an urge to commit suicide,  it came with a sudden and overwhelming feeling and sense of apathy... not just that I didn't care about anything but that no-one else did either...

- Neelix

So, he planned stuff before hand?
Sadly, yes. I also first thought it was an short circuit action and he took the opportunity when he was alone in the Cockpit. But later investigations (like Asmo already mentioned) revealed that he indeed searched for technical details about the Cockpit door and other stuff.

So, he planned stuff before hand?
Sadly, yes. I also first thought it was an short circuit action and he took the opportunity when he was alone in the Cockpit. But later investigations (like Asmo already mentioned) revealed that he indeed searched for technical details about the Cockpit door and other stuff.
Come to think of it, that in and of itself strikes me as odd...  as a commercial airline pilot, shouldn't he have already been aware of exactly how to operate the cockpit door lock?

- Neelix

Come to think of it, that in and of itself strikes me as odd...  as a commercial airline pilot, shouldn't he have already been aware of exactly how to operate the cockpit door lock?
Yes, but he may have thought there were security contingencies available to non-pilots that would be outside the normal scope of what a pilot needed to know about the locking mechanism.

Back