GP32 Generating Sounds...

Sdw

Website
www.ag1976.com
So I'm working on my G&W-style game for the PDROMs 2.5 compo. The rules states

No music allowed, just beep tones (one single tone at a time) are allowed if you make use of it. If you make a short jingle (made out of beep tones) for 'Start' & 'Game Over' it's okay."

OK, how do I do this on the GP32? Playing samples I know how to do, but can you somehow get the sound chip to generate a sine/sawtooth/square sound like you could on the C64?

If not is there a program which makes it easy to create samples of these sounds?

Actually, that's the part I'm working on for my PDRoms-compo-entry at the moment. Generating a sine/sawtooth/square is pretty easy, just allocate some memory and render the sample data in there, like alternating -32767 and +32767 for a sawtooth (the duration between the switching of those values defines the pitch).
So basically, I render my beep tones at startup an just play them with the standard sample routine.

DOH! Ofcourse, I should have thought of that (I even tried to write a softsynth for PC some time ago). Thanks!

I just tried it out, and it worked like a charm, took just a couple of minutes of coding to get some bleeps and bloops going! :lol:

Back