Release GemRB

Hi there, I have a few issues.

1 ) Don't know why but my BG games don't work with 0.6.5 but do with 0.6.3 and 0.6.2. Do I have to remove some files or something ?

2 ) On BG2, there's a bug with the lower part of the screen and I can't take it off :

3 ) on IWD, when I begin the game, the main screen is blue. What's the problem ?

Thanks !

It might be worth waiting for GemRB 0.7.0 which JurnD kindly said he'd port sometime fairly soon by the tone of his post from 5th March. That may fix your issues.

Hi.

Ok, so I added Gemrb 0.7.0 to the repo.

Only problem is, I didn't have the chance to test anything because I lost the SDcard with all my builds and my BG/IWD installs.

I will try to fix that this week so I can actually test what I port. I did not build in the original touchscreen fix, but in the releasenotes of gemrb they speak of a mutitouch input support, let's see if that works.

So if you run into touchscreen problems, please let me know and I will build in old the fix.

Sorry that "the coming days" turned into "the coming weeks" but you know how it goes...

Cheers

Hi.

Ok, so I added Gemrb 0.7.0 to the repo.

Only problem is, I didn't have the chance to test anything because I lost the SDcard with all my builds and my BG/IWD installs.

I will try to fix that this week so I can actually test what I port. I did not build in the original touchscreen fix, but in the releasenotes of gemrb they speak of a mutitouch input support, let's see if that works.

So if you run into touchscreen problems, please let me know and I will build in old the fix.

Sorry that "the coming days" turned into "the coming weeks" but you know how it goes...

Cheers

Thanks JurnD. Losing the SD card must have been a real PITA. I haven't got BG or anything else installed at the moment but I will probably get time to install at the weekend.

No need to appologise about the delayed port. I'm sure you've got far more important things to worry about than us. Anyway, once again, many thanks.

ToaD

Ok, have installed it with BaldursGate1.

The touchscreenoffsetbug is still there. I think you need to implement the old fix again.

Also, I can't even start a game, as the chracter creatin is broken. I cannot click on apply or choose any attributes. The buttons get clicked, but it doesn't affect anything. Need to kill the app unfortunately.

Importing a premade character doesn't work, too.

Again, thanks for your efforts in getting this updated.

Also tried it out and had the same character creation problem

CJ

The character creation problem must be universal, I suffered from it too. I have started playing BG1 on 0.65 though. Great fun, but my old eyes struggle to read the text LOL.

When 0.70 is fixed I have a dedicated GemRB SD card now containing BG1, BG2, PST and IWD. Does anyone know if 0.70 supports ToB and HoW? If so I'll get them installed too.

Just wanna chime in here with a quick thank you to JurnD for his work on this. This is one of the projects I've been most excited about on the Pandora, and as soon as mine arrives (I ordered in, oh, October 2009?) I'll jump on this and do what I can to test/report bugs etc. Really keen for some mobile BG...

Just wanted to let the waiting people know, i haven't had any luck with the little time i have for this to fix the issue when creating a character.

It gives me a runtime error: no game loaded.

Not sure yet. Will let you know when i figure it out...

Jurn

Thank you very much JurnD for keeping on track! Btw: Is 0.65 still available for download anywhere?

Just wanted to let the waiting people know, i haven't had any luck with the little time i have for this to fix the issue when creating a character.

It gives me a runtime error: no game loaded.

Not sure yet. Will let you know when i figure it out...

Jurn

thanks for the heads up :)

Just want to say thanks for porting 0.7 across. I picked up BD 1&2 of gog a while back and have been waiting for my panny to arive to enjoy them :) my task for the weekend is to play games :)

Back